Super King Size Bed

Guest theturnerclan

Guest theturnerclan

is there any point bringing out bed?

We had intended to bring it but I'm sure I've seen somwhere that the bed sizes are different so you can't get replacement bedding?

Anyone any ideas?

Hi, bring your bed you can buy sheets etc in sizes of single double and queen ( queen being the most poular here)they all fit fine we brought all our beds out here. I will just say that sheets/quilt covers etc Manchester as they are called here is very expensive - so pop to matalans or debenhams and stock up lol

Guest theturnerclan
Hi, bring your bed you can buy sheets etc in sizes of single double and queen ( queen being the most poular here)they all fit fine we brought all our beds out here. I will just say that sheets/quilt covers etc Manchester as they are called here is very expensive - so pop to matalans or debenhams and stock up lol

Thanks Gizmo,

I can't find any info on super kingsize beds in oz - just queens. have you ever come across any. If it's going to be a problem then we might as well buy a new one over there....

cheers

Shelley

Guest Eccles-Cakes

Hi guys, its took me ages to work out how to answer.

we came with nothing, huge mistake been here 5 years and still buying stuff.

if its in good condition i would bring it. if you have a lot of wooden furniture find out how much it will cost to have the container fumigated and then decide if its worth it.

It depends if you have the money to buy new again.

I remember what it felt like to arrive with nothing and have to drag 3 kids around the shops with us and also being in a new country and having nothing even the homely things around us . To climb back into my own bed, ahh lush !

Guest theturnerclan
Hi guys, its took me ages to work out how to answer.

we came with nothing, huge mistake been here 5 years and still buying stuff.

if its in good condition i would bring it. if you have a lot of wooden furniture find out how much it will cost to have the container fumigated and then decide if its worth it.

It depends if you have the money to buy new again.

I remember what it felt like to arrive with nothing and have to drag 3 kids around the shops with us and also being in a new country and having nothing even the homely things around us . To climb back into my own bed, ahh lush !

thanks for your reply Eccles Cakes.

I think we will try and bring as much as possible - might as well fill the container with bits from the house opposed to all the tools in the garage and the unknown amount he'll bring home from work!

Is there anything I should buy before we leave to bring over?

Guest Eccles-Cakes

you could bring me over some jaffa cakes eerm marks and spencers undies what else asda doughnuts vanilla custard though not jam, a quick run in next and buy up the petite section , only joking if its houshold things your looking at have a look on http://www.bigw.com.au and also http://www.target.com.au may give you an idea how much things cost if its bigger stuff furniture or electricals let me know an i might be able to give you an idea how much it will cost here so you can decide what to do.

bring as much as you can as things can be a little pricey here so if its in good nick bring it with you - there are so many home store shops in our area we have domayne/adairs/bayswiss/freedom/sleepcity/myers thats just a few to mention of stores where you can buy furniture, there are too many electrical stores to mention but a few are bing lee/world wide appliances/dick smiths etc etc - have a look at my area local shopping mall online http://www.erinafair.com and click the link stores and then directory this will give you website access to some on the stores that are online.

I will just say that we brought our mobile phones / cordless home telephone/lcs tv /dvd player/washing machine/everything and all work perfect

A cheese & onion pie and some fresh mint tic tacs wouldnt go a miss ,,i thinks its weird the things you miss.We found most electrical goods reasonable prices compared to the UK ,the thing i am glad about is i brought loads of summer clothes for us and the kids ( big primark spending spree before i left) the fashion here isnt like the uk and i thought alot of the clothes are quite expensive compared to sports soccer and the cheepy uk shops.hope this helps abit

Cal x

Thanks Gizmo,

I can't find any info on super kingsize beds in oz - just queens. have you ever come across any. If it's going to be a problem then we might as well buy a new one over there....

cheers

Shelley

Don't know what a super king size is but king size here is 6 feet wide, maybe a wee bit more. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived