Best place to enjoy Australia Day.?.?.?.....

Guest sarahjustwishing

Guest sarahjustwishing

Hi All,

We land at 02.25am on Australia Day (appropriate!) and I was wondering if anyone can recommend the best place to go? We will initially be staying in the Fremantle area, and I really would like to experience the atmosphere!

Any suggestions???

Sarah

x

Freao will be good. The fireworks are in Perth. I don't know how busy it will e to get to Perth but there is a train between Freao and Perth.

Generally a good atmosphere and something to do on Oz day.

Tim

Guest Working to fish
Hi All,

We land at 02.25am on Australia Day (appropriate!) and I was wondering if anyone can recommend the best place to go? We will initially be staying in the Fremantle area, and I really would like to experience the atmosphere!

Any suggestions??? yes buy loads of fizzy pop for the kids cos if you want to be up all day ,you are going to need it.

hope this helps.

eddie:wacko:

Hi, we are going to be spending our First Australia day at the foreshore in Perth, going to be there all day... so we are taking tons of water with us, and some spritzer bottles to spray us down with..

Going to take a picnic and make a real family day of it... going to be spending it with our Australian Friends... so that will be nice.

Karen

Guest rainbow

Like the others mentioned, I have heard there will be fireworks in Freo.

we are undecided about whether to go to the Freo one or the one at the Perth foreshore. There are also fireworks at Armadale.

It is also Chinese New Year on that day by some strange coincidence, but I can't find any CNY events at all!

Guest Emcooper

Perth foreshore is great!! although if you want to be near the trees for ahade you will have to go early, take plenty of water, sunscreen, snacks food if you like, chairs a blanket and a radio!!!

Although with you landing extremey early that morning Im sure you will have just as good a time if you went down in the evening when its cooler as you will see most of the fireworks anyway, it is a great day out as there is usually a few bits going on during the day, airshows and stuff.

Dont forget your aussie flag too!!

Archived