teaching jobs/salaries????

Guest bambimod

Guest bambimod

Hi,

I really hope you can help. My partner and I are moving to Brisbane (well applying for citizenship), from Scotland. Iam a fully qualified Primary teacher and have been teaching for three years, two in Special Needs. I currently earn around 25k sterling Annually, which works out around 1,500 P.M here and was wondering how much a Primary teacher earns in Brisbane as im geting various answers. Ive also been looking for flats to rent but finding them quite pricey, more than i thought anyway. Here i have a flat which is owned and i payt around 500 P month.

Oh and how easy is it to get a job in Brisbane?

Please help as this was a dream to move but now im thinking is it worth it????:skeptical:

Thanks xx Maria

You will find a load of information about teaching in Qld here Teacher Recruitment and Employment - Frequently asked questions including a link to pay rates which are determined by years of experience.

Finding a job in a desirable school is an uphill battle because there are thousands of teachers all wanting work in the nice places. If you are prepared to do the hard yards then you might be offered a position in a hard to fill school. OTOH if you are a beginning teacher then you will be cheaper to employ than someone who has years of experience and so may be attractive to the department for that reason.

Or you could always do a bit of supply teaching. My wife usually gets 3/4 days a week on the sunny coast. Pay is not bad...around $300 a day.

Paul

Hi Paul!

Would you're wife let me know how to get started with supply?

We're over in feb to validate our visa but was hoping to get all the forms etc I need to complete to register for when we move over permanently.

We're really hoping to settle on the sunshine coast so your post has just given me a glimmer of hope!

Cheers:hug:

Jo

Guest bambimod

thanks for the help. we're def going for brisbane and have looked at schools. im also a special needs teacher so hopefully ill be able to get soemthing in that maybe. im willing to do any work atall so maybe that'll give me a heads up... fingers crossed.

Guest LX_RV86

Hi :)

Just wanted to add: I'm a Secondary ICT NQT teacher (qualified in August 08) and I'm currently doing my MA to be a special needs teacher. I have spoken to an australian principle and apparantly special needs teacher and mainstream classroom teacher are 2 seperate jobs, so we'll be qualified for both, it also means 2x the chance of getting somewhere :)

Hi Paul!

Would you're wife let me know how to get started with supply?

We're over in feb to validate our visa but was hoping to get all the forms etc I need to complete to register for when we move over permanently.

We're really hoping to settle on the sunshine coast so your post has just given me a glimmer of hope!

Cheers:hug:

Jo

Hi Jo,

Its a lot easier to point you to this website than to explain what you have to do.

Teacher Applicant Centre (TAC TEAM)

Then once you have been thru' this process and got your teacher i.d, you need to go to this site.

Tracer Unit (Teacher Relief and Contract Employment Register)

This is the agency that most schools use, in our area anyway.

if you need any specific info let me know.

Hope this helps

Paul

Hi Jo,

Its a lot easier to point you to this website than to explain what you have to do.

Teacher Applicant Centre (TAC TEAM)

Then once you have been thru' this process and got your teacher i.d, you need to go to this site.

Tracer Unit (Teacher Relief and Contract Employment Register)

This is the agency that most schools use, in our area anyway.

if you need any specific info let me know.

Hope this helps

Paul

Aw... cheers Paul!!

I will definitely have a look!

:hug:

Jo

Archived