NSW moving in June 09 - any advice

Guest ralc1971

Guest ralc1971

Just got our visas and looking for places to move to in North coast of NSW with 2 kids aged 6 and 3 years - looking for reasonably priced houses and good school near the sea but with stuff to do not to far away - anyone moved recently who has any good advice - would love to hear from you.

:wub:

Becky

Guest ralc1971

I am a financial adviser and not sure where to look for jobs - any advice? Can you get a job from the UK so you land with a position - do you know if there are any self employed positions - do the ozzie's like this?

Thanks for your help!

Becky

Guest Ron & Chel

Hi becky we r moving over in june to nsw we are heading for avoca saratoga terrigal areas

Ron Chel Antonio 11 kayti 6 jj 4.5

Guest tenquidder
I am a financial adviser and not sure where to look for jobs - any advice? Can you get a job from the UK so you land with a position - do you know if there are any self employed positions - do the ozzie's like this?

Thanks for your help!

Becky

Hi Becky

I'm not an expert in this field, but I do know that many of the large financial services companies market their products through "independent" financial advisers or financial planners (is there a difference?), so the industry here is quite well-estabished. Also a lot of local accounting firms team up with financial advisers. I'm sure with some googling you could find one or two industry association websites. As I said, I'm no expert, but I imagine you would need to get some kind of local accreditation.

All the best

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Becky, My wife and I live at Banora point, just against the NSW/QLD border and absolutley love it !!! We are an hour and a half from Brisbane city, the gold coast is 15 min away and yet if you head south its open countryside with small villages scattered about. Thes links may help - Banora Point, New South Wales - Travelmate

Coolangatta, Gold Coast : Accommodation and Travel Guide

byron-bay.com : Your guide to Byron Bay accommodation, maps, activities & more.

we love this area !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cam

• 3 months later...
Guest loulabelle

Hi Becky,

We live just south of tangoman! My hubby even goes kayaking with him and I have to agree its an amazing area...schools are great we live in a beachside suburb called Pottsville, we have built our own home and the standard of living and lifestyle here is amazing. The tweed coast often gets missed and its the perfect spot you are just on the border to Queensland and the south east Gold Coast and definately in commuting distance for your type of work...Robina has alot of office areas and financial institutions etc

I can email you some pics if you like and can also answer any questions should you need any.

Hope you like our area!! Come live here!!!

Good Luck

Lou x

• 2 weeks later...

Archived