Chose Melbourne to live on 47SK but wanna land in Gold Coast????

Guest jonseywife

Guest jonseywife

Hi............

Dont know if any one can help.............

We are half way through this long & painful but very worth while process, and we stated on the application form we wanted to settle in Melboure (still do!)

But as a big treat for us all, we were thinking about landing in Gold Coast first , to visit all the attractions, Sea Life, Warner world and Wet n Wild etc. etc., before we have to get serious and look for property, schools & jobs etc.

Can you do this, or do you have to land where you stated on visa application......???????

Thanks for any advice/clarification..........

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hello!

Sorry, can't answer question, but just curious whereabouts in Melbourne you thinking of going to? Am on the houses for sale website all the time (well, when I'm not on here LOL) and prices seem to be increasing all the time. We've started looking at maps, looking at maybe Geelong, as is commutable to Melbourne, but maybe cheaper?

Anyway, soz can't answer your question, but am just feeling nosey and want to see my name up on this new site!

Rachel

Guest jonseywife

Hi Rachel.......

Dont mind you being nosey, were thinking of Frankston South/Mornington area...... great beaches,schools,cinema, skatepark,shops etc, etc., but since last year when we seriously started thinking about actually going to Oz, the prices have really gone up in these area!!! Typical!!

We were hoping for a small mortgage but now looks like we will have to borrow a bit more money or settle somewhere else............

Been looking at Point Cook too, much cheaper and the houses are "somick else!!!!!!!!!!! " But there's not as much facilities for my kids/teenagers, so really confused now.

Think it's a case of keeping an open mind, and see whats about once you out there!!!

Like you im addicted to this site & cant stop looking at all the pretty houses....... but its all for the purpose of research (that what I tell my husband anyway)!!!!!!!!

Guest jonseywife

Hi Cal...

Thanx for that........ it'll be nice to have a couple of weeks up at the Gold Coast 1st. I cant wait, thats your neck of the woods is'nt it?...... Is it really as gorgeous as they say, have you been to Sea world etc yet... ?

Hope alls well with you & the faimly and your more settled now (read your post about the termites - made me laugh- best of luck with the new house with all the land, but who gonna cut the grass??????

Cheers

Sall-Ann :)

Archived