Spouse visa advise- pregnant and confused!

sister_soph

Hello just wondering if someone can clear up a few things for me. My boyfriend is Australian and has been living in the UK with me for the last 4 years. We have a two year old son, and another baby on the way! Our baby is due in July and we plan to move in April (talk about stressfull!) to Brisbane where my partner is from.

I have been reading up on the spouse visa which i seem to be eligible for; my question is how does it work with the health check (ie i cant have a an xray). This has all been a bit last minute so i am hoping our visa will come back in time: our other option is that i go over on a years working visa or holiday visa and apply for a visa when i am out their but will i still be entitled to the same health services ie regular maternity checks etc. Please help!!!!

as far as I am aware, you can delay the xrays until after you have had the baby. You can always check with the doctors surgery you've booked into or send a mail to the enquiries link:

Australian Immigration Email Enquiry Form for the U.K. & Ireland

which i have found useful, they got back to me within 24 hours each time I had a question.

Good luck and have a good christmas!

Archived