question for smokers/pariahs?

pablo

yes i smoke:embarrassedxmas::no:,so to any smokers in oz, how much are they and whats the nearest thing to lambart and butler? i know,or am told the anti smoking laws out there are more stringent than here,but hopefully sitting outside the pub ( with my brown cloak and bells ringing of course ) in adelaide with a pint wont be as bad an experience as here? p.s can you get guinness? and just how expensive is it? and PLEASE ,no anti smoking despots advice thanks!

yes i smoke:embarrassedxmas::no:,so to any smokers in oz, how much are they and whats the nearest thing to lambart and butler? i know,or am told the anti smoking laws out there are more stringent than here,but hopefully sitting outside the pub ( with my brown cloak and bells ringing of course ) in adelaide with a pint wont be as bad an experience as here? p.s can you get guinness? and just how expensive is it? and PLEASE ,no anti smoking despots advice thanks!

dont smoke myself, but over here in Sydney they dont allow you to smoke outside if there is an awning [cant spell??] or some sort of cover as its classed as an enclosed space.....youll be hard pushed to find any open space without shaded areas.....so dont think the laws are that great for smokers here either......sorry....

Dont smoke mate but our lass does she smokes Longbeach originals 40 packets. You get the Liffey water here in Perth goes from $6.20 up depends where you go. It is drinkable. Cigs blokes at work smoke Winfields must be like L & B I think

Mally

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Pablo

As a smoker I can tell you that fags are very expensive in Oz and perhaps properly so. Really, seriously expensive for not very good baccy. I'd say that as a deterrent, the price in Oz is probably more effective than in the UK.

Cheers

Gill

PABLO ... WE SMOKED PETER JACKSON BLUE [RED ROYALS IN UK] ....PRICED ROUGHLY $12 FOR 30 ..... THEY COME IN ALL DIFFERENT STRENGTHS

GILL .... YOU HAVE SERIOUSLY DAMAGED MY VISION OF YOU ..... DEFO HAD YOU DOWN AS A NON SMOKER :shocked::laugh:

MRS KEILY

Guest tomatohead

, when i was there mate 20 bensons /rothmans/ was $ 9.50 and 25 winfield were $ 12.50 , when the total ban came in a lot of places had major conversians to allow smoking ie an open air patio one pub in sydney even had an atrium built so you could go in it and technically you were out side , all you need to do is drink in a bar that has a beer garden and problem solved , you jinxed us against everton pal

Guest John Sydney

I buy Benson and Hedges by the carton 25 x 8 pack =$87 per carton

Works out at $10.88 each packet - buy single packets can be upto $14.00 per pack

As for Smoking - in pubs Outside is no problem but they are trying to restrict that - as well - You know the problem if your a smoker.

, when i was there mate 20 bensons /rothmans/ was $ 9.50 and 25 winfield were $ 12.50 , when the total ban came in a lot of places had major conversians to allow smoking ie an open air patio one pub in sydney even had an atrium built so you could go in it and technically you were out side , all you need to do is drink in a bar that has a beer garden and problem solved , you jinxed us against everton pal

thx for that tomato, im guessing thats very roughly a fiver a pack ,not too bad, i only drink in pubs here that have a patio area and hopefully a patio heater, im not standing in the street smoking for anyone, yes soz about the result mate, i wasnt too happy about it meself

At least for part of the year you`re guaranteed to be outside in nice weather. Nothing worse than smoking in the pouring rain and howling wind. I keep giving up then when we`re relaxing outside in some sun I start again. -Coffee and fag - cold beer and fag, can`t not do it!!

i just dont bother going out much in winter tbh,out in it all day so cba sitting out in it all night as well, might change in oz maybe,allways preferred a drink in the afternoon tbh so its usually a bit warmer anyway,funny thing is,i wasnt against a partial ban,fair enough for the non smokers/kids etc, but i dont agree with a total ban, i just wanted to retain maybe 20%of pubs for smokers thats all i asked,but.......:arghh:

At least for part of the year you`re guaranteed to be outside in nice weather. Nothing worse than smoking in the pouring rain and howling wind. I keep giving up then when we`re relaxing outside in some sun I start again. -Coffee and fag - cold beer and fag, can`t not do it!!

Sounds like that stop smoking ad I haven't seen in a while :biglaugh:

Guest Guest9973

Yup - I hold my hand up to smoking.

I'm great at stopping,but even better at starting again:arghhxmas:

See your questions have been answered.

Most pubs build some sort of fenced off area for smoking.

B&H 25's are $12 locally.I smoked Purple Silk Cut in the UK - can't find em here.

Guest Working to fish
Hi Pablo

As a smoker I can tell you

Cheers

Gill

WHAT .

Don'T lie Gill you don't smoke ,

you cant.

I have a picture of a little old (ish) lady in her favourite chair ,with her favourite cardigan ,slippers ,cup of tea ,tin of biscuits .

No were do i see a packet of fags.

eddie:shocked:

Archived