We got it

stuffy123

GOT THE VISA YESTERDAY

(SUBCLASS 175 ONLINE APP)

It took nearly 15 months from start to now , have until september 2009 to validate.

The only downfall of getting it is the global downturn, we are having second thoughts about leaving a stable life over here ie: good jobs , kids settled in schools , house , family.

It was only last week I had a email from a work agency saying that they was only looking at employing australian's only, due to many firms making redundancies.

With the housing market collapsing over here we would have to have a very big mortgage over there.

So we are thinking of validated the visa next year and see if the global situation improves cause we would then have five years to move to aus.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi there!

I just wanted to say a huge congratulations on the visa and Lots of Luck with all of your plans!

Take care,

Dan :emoticon-signxmas:

GOT THE VISA YESTERDAY

(SUBCLASS 175 ONLINE APP)

It took nearly 15 months from start to now , have until september 2009 to validate.

The only downfall of getting it is the global downturn, we are having second thoughts about leaving a stable life over here ie: good jobs , kids settled in schools , house , family.

It was only last week I had a email from a work agency saying that they was only looking at employing australian's only, due to many firms making redundancies.

With the housing market collapsing over here we would have to have a very big mortgage over there.

So we are thinking of validated the visa next year and see if the global situation improves cause we would then have five years to move to aus.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Firstly a huge congratulations! Let the celebrations begin!!

With regards to the situation, i personally think what you are suggesting do is the right thing, Why rush, far better to go over validate and see how the global situation goes, the main thing is you have your visa's, And like you say you have 5 years to get over there, hopefully next year the housing market will improve so much you won't have as big a mortgage in oz:emoticon-signxmas: All the very best in what you decide!, now quick go celebrate xx

Guest moving down under

Hi Stuffy123

I see you are a metal machinist. My husband is a metal machinist too and he has been in contact with possible employers over there and they are still begging for him to come. Where are you planning to move to? I hope this isn't the case, I'm worried now since we don't even have our case officer or visa yet. We only applied 2 months after you, I hope it's coming soon.

Good luck to you and your family on what ever you decide.

Many Congratulations on getting your visa!:biggrinxmas:

We got ours last week so we know how it feels.

Also understand your concerns re. selling up and the Australian economy (every silver lining has a cloud it seems!). We are also going over to validate next Easter to buy some time before moving permanently.

We are also considering the option of keeping the house on here and renting it out if we can't sell or get a reasonable price. We would most likely want to rent over there initially anyhow, before deciding where to settle. Have you considered this option.

Hopefully things will pick up soon - fingers crossed!

Archived