australian dental costs?asian dental costs?

pablo

hello all,im not expecting thousands of replies on this but........"dental implants", or just ordinary dental treatment....... is oz dearer than uk?probably i reckon, im having a nightmare,talk about all i want for xmas is my 2 front teeth,ive got a 6 tooth bridge and the 3 teeth /stumps!of my own that carry the bridge have finally given in,its back on now but wont last,the dentist said she isnt sure of costs in oz but in thailand implants are "only!" about £600 each so she suggested getting this treatment there, has anyone had treatment like this in oz or asia,thx a lot in advance from "the pickle stabber"!:arghh:

Guest earlswood
as i said, i wasnt expecting thousands of replies,i mean is there a more boring subject? probably not! but 2 or 3 will do!

About 3 times the costs of a national health dentist in the UK....I paid $320 for a check up and 2 fillings...only went once:nerdxmas:

Guest KirstyM

Its pretty expensive over here. My Hubby just went to the dentist for the first time in about 5 years. He needed 1 x root canal, 1 x extreme plaque removal, plus 3 or 4 small fillings.

$2,500 is what we are giving the dentist for Christmas.

He was told that if he got the tooth that needed the canal extracting it'd end up costing $5k as he would need a bridge.

Go to Phuket and get your work done there I'd say!!

Guest Paul_compy
Going to the dentist for the first time in about 5 years = $2,500 in dental bills

;)

I went to the dentis a few weeks back for the first time in years and got smacked with a bill for £500 on the nose. Six fillings and a hygenist visit.

I think the moral is to go the dentist every six months! I know I will when I move to Oz, Sod the cost I like my teeth to much to loose them all!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest interested16
hello all,im not expecting thousands of replies on this but........"dental implants", or just ordinary dental treatment....... is oz dearer than uk?probably i reckon, im having a nightmare,talk about all i want for xmas is my 2 front teeth,ive got a 6 tooth bridge and the 3 teeth /stumps!of my own that carry the bridge have finally given in,its back on now but wont last,the dentist said she isnt sure of costs in oz but in thailand implants are "only!" about £600 each so she suggested getting this treatment there, has anyone had treatment like this in oz or asia,thx a lot in advance from "the pickle stabber"!:arghh:

Hi,im in the same sort of situation as yourself and was planning on going to thailand or elsewhere to get some implants as my 5 front tooth bridge aint gonna last much longer! Have you found out any more info about getting done overseas??

i would love to hear if you got any further info....cheers:emoticon-signxmas:

Hi,im in the same sort of situation as yourself and was planning on going to thailand or elsewhere to get some implants as my 5 front tooth bridge aint gonna last much longer! Have you found out any more info about getting done overseas??

i would love to hear if you got any further info....cheers:emoticon-signxmas:

hiya,try.......esthetik dental barcalona , or fair-dentale-germany.com they do the immediate loaded implants , or www.dentale.co.uk if you can wait for the ones that are done over a period of months, lot more to it than just money though,bone health,smoker etc,anyway these are two that look reasonable,but who knows? good luck

Archived