First rung on the ladder tomorrow!

mr luvpants

My wife Lisa always wanted to be a nurse and started training three years ago. Since she started we have both decided that as soon as she has done her year we are applying for our visa.

Well tomorrow she will be a qualified nurse. Passed everything first time and has glowing reports from all the wards she has worked on. I am so proud of her.

So its the first rung of the ladder for our journey for our new life!

JOHN

Guest WARDStoOZ

Wow John, I can see why you're so proud!

It's definately a great first rung on the ladder...!!!

Huge congrats to both of you!

Dan :emoticon-signxmas:

That is wonderful news a massive welldone to you!! i am having to regrettably leave my nursing training we just cant financially survive- i am gutted. i can understand you must be so proud of her i always wanted my hubby and parent to see me graduate but its not meant to be, welldone again and i wish you every success in your future lives x

Thanks guys. Fortunately Lisa was a HCA (health care assistant) before she started training and so the trust seconded her and paid her a wage otherwise we would have struggled to survive.The downside is that she has to doa year in post otherwise we have to pay them a percentage back.

JOHN

Guest KP Nuts

Congratulations Lisa,12_1_206.gif and good luck to you both, you've now joined the gang of people applying / waiting for their visa's, so a year will fly pass, well sort off, lol

KP Nuts

Guest guest17301

Congratulations on graduating Lisa, it's a tough course and working full time plus study is damn hard work! It's a good feeling to be in 'blue', scary though, people actually expect you to know what you're doing! Ha! No more..'sorry I'm just the student!, I'll get staff nurse!' The year you spend getting experience in the UK health system will stand you in good stead for Oz and you will be all the more confident for it.

I wish you both well in your plans/...that year will fly..doesn't seem like 5 mins ago when we started planning and that was 6 months ago..we leave in 6 weeks! Carry on doing your research you will have your pick of jobs. Let us know where your first post is and have a fabulous Christmas (maybe your last one off for a few years!)

Fiona x:emoticon-signxmas:

Archived