cars,running costs?insurance,tax?

pablo

i know it isnt easy to compare running costs in oz to uk ,lots of different factors and stuff, but is car insurance costs ROUGHLY the same? do they have road tax?"green":SLEEP:taxes for people like myself who prefer a comfy 4 by 4?( dodgy back:cry:) do they offer the same options,i.e protected no claims etc?will my no claims discount here cut any ice over there? loads of questions but if we both need a car for work( i will for certain ) it could be a fair whack each month,or is it? thanks anyway

Guest dixieboo2

if its a MONSTER truck, your talking a arm and a leg plus your bound to give people bird baths in their bonnets, 4x4's = previous its probably a good thing know-ones seen you reverse in oz ,there's nothing worse than coming back to your car and seeing a ostrich getting a bath on your bonnet, best not to declare any history if i was you, and its not as if you can give it toe nails with a bad back, i hope this as been some help good luck!!!!

Hiya Pablo i have a mitsubushi lancer ,

yesterday it cost me $37 to fill it up (fuel back down to 95cents ltr)

my ctp insurance (abit like tax with 3rd party ins incl) is approx $500 pr year ,

i also have fully comp ins which is again $500 pr year.

It does work out slightly cheaper than what i paid for my car back in the UK.

Hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Hi Pablo - it depends on what state your in - Where are you going?

Western Oz - 6 months road tax is a about $185 per six months from memory.

Insurance seems to be about the same as in the Uk - for a subaru forester - garaged at night, fully comprehensive it is about $700.

Fuels is cheapish - currently hovering at about the $1 to $1.10 mark.

You do have the option of a no claims bonus here to and it can be protected like in the Uk.

To get your West Australian liscence will cost about $116 for five years.

Anyway this site may help Licensing Home

Tim

if its a MONSTER truck, your talking a arm and a leg plus your bound to give people bird baths in their bonnets, 4x4's = previous its probably a good thing know-ones seen you reverse in oz ,there's nothing worse than coming back to your car and seeing a ostrich getting a bath on your bonnet, best not to declare any history if i was you, and its not as if you can give it toe nails with a bad back, i hope this as been some help good luck!!!!

:biglaugh:yes very true paul lad, hopefully they wont have any grade two listed bollards in the blue mountains when you move there "MATE" !alas i think your vehicle does have to have an equivalent of an m.o.t,mind you its never bothered you here so....you might get away with the seat belt issue ,but as regards binbags full of asbestos:no:, thank you for your well meant advice "mate", knew you would come through for me!!!!!!!!

Guest chris_mac

lol..... what on earth did you say?

Guest chris_mac
its alrite chris, hes my mate,private joke,no worries

lol.. that could possibly be the only explanation! Love sh&t like that! :emoticon-signxmas:

Guest earlswood

Seconhand cars are very expensive in Oz and I would recommend taking your car if it is fairly new as you will get very little for it in the UK at the momment.

Seconhand cars are very expensive in Oz and I would recommend taking your car if it is fairly new as you will get very little for it in the UK at the momment.

yes ive seen that earl, alas mine isnt new, 1995 isuzu trooper,worth here approx 3k,only 90thou on clock,never let me down,dead comfy for my brickies back,but im not a car person,gonna kill me paying oz prices for cars,dont really care what i drive as long as its reliable and gets me to work,some lads love cars........not me:noxmas:,just a means to an end.

Archived