Disabled & Medicals anyone gone through this

LYNMACMD

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Lynmacmd

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

My mother is disabled after breaking her back in an accident some years ago. She is about 80% wheelchair dependent, I'd say. She sailed through her meds for Permanent Residency with no problems.

In what way are you disabled, please?

Best wishes

Gill

I have osteo arthritis and this can confine me to a wheelchair when out and about otherwise I use walking sticks, due to lack of mobility weight doesnt help!! My BP is well under control but panicking I could throw everything into turmoil if its a no can you appeal?

Guest Yorkie1974

My wife had a diskectomy (think I spelled that right) op about 2 years ago which is a removal of a spinal disk. She's now registered disabled (higher rate blue badge) and is on a fair amount of medication for pain control. Cold damp weather doesn't help it either. So long as your hubby is fit, you should fall under his waiver as a second applicant as did my wife under our 457 visa.

Bear in mind too that the requirements for a 457 are different to those for permanency so you may be allowed in as a temporary resident but going for permanency could be different although Gill's mum is an example of someone who has got PR with a physical disability.

Guest Yorkie1974
That is great many thanks for that info it has made me feel a whole lot better, where have you moved too?

Cheers

We're moving to Perth very shortly, depending on how quickly the relocation agency work.

Guest Yorkie1974

Not far at all. we're sat in one of the old mining villages on the outer edges of Barnsley. Good luck if you decide to go for it. We had all the worries and concerns that you had and still got visa approval.

Archived