So good to be back in the UK.

Guest earlswood

Guest earlswood

Back over 2 months and it is so good to be home, the air actually seems so cleaner and fresher and the water tastes so good straight out of the tap chilled and fresh.

First thing I noticed is how green the old Country is even after the trees have shed their leaves and how everyone has a smile on their faces and just seem happy even in this economic downturn we are witnessing.

Ahhhhh to drink a decent pint after the nats-piss I drank in Oz and it is soooo cheap compared to Australia £2.45 a pint of ruddles in my local whereas a pint (schooner) cost £4.50 in Oz.

Internet shopping has come on a buddle since I have been away and I cannot believe how cheap you can get anything from cloths to electricals on places like Play.com and Amazon.

Ohhhhh and to taste a decent curry after the bland crap in Oz is heaven and sooooo cheap which has really hit me.

Everything is good and even the women look soooo much more attractive.:yes:

Wish I had done it earlier.

Back over 2 months and it is so good to be home, the air actually seems so cleaner and fresher and the water tastes so good straight out of the tap chilled and fresh.

First thing I noticed is how green the old Country is even after the trees have shed their leaves and how everyone has a smile on their faces and just seem happy even in this economic downturn we are witnessing.

Ahhhhh to drink a decent pint after the nats-piss I drank in Oz and it is soooo cheap compared to Australia £2.45 a pint of ruddles in my local whereas a pint (schooner) cost £4.50 in Oz.

Internet shopping has come on a buddle since I have been away and I cannot believe how cheap you can get anything from cloths to electricals on places like Play.com and Amazon.

Ohhhhh and to taste a decent curry after the bland crap in Oz is heaven and sooooo cheap which has really hit me.

Everything is good and even the women look soooo much more attractive.:yes:

Wish I had done it earlier.

Where are you? I really must make the effort to come and visit you....will I need a passport?

I think I might, you sure as heck don't live in the same country as me!:laugh:

I am not one of those who is planning to move away because I hate UK. I really don't. But I think I will like living in Oz better. I am very aware that both (really, BOTH) have faults. But I am sure that Oz is the place for us!

Anyway, when the rose tinting wears off and you start seeing UK as it really is, then I hope you are still very happy with your decision, mate.

Guest earlswood
Where are you? I really must make the effort to come and visit you....will I need a passport?

I think I might, you sure as heck don't live in the same country as me!

I am not one of those who is planning to move away because I hate UK. I really don't. But I think I will like living in Oz better. I am very aware that both (really, BOTH) have faults. But I am sure that Oz is the place for us!

Anyway, when the rose tinting wears off and you start seeing UK as it really is, then I hope you are still very happy with your decision, mate.

I am staying with my brother in Stratford upon avon till I go back to London after xmas, I love it back home and stratford for a night out is excellent and it is strange to see pubs open past 9 at night:rolleyes: people do seem happy where I am living and no sign of the gloom and doom you lot were on about while I was in Oz.

Guest earlswood
We live in Stratford upon avon and we are emigrating and cannot wait to leave...so not everyone is happy here!!!

Glad to hear your happy tho!

xx

You have to try it, and Stratford aint a bad place if Oz does not work for you.

Good luck and give it a go blue.

p.s The dirty duck pub is excellent.

Archived