OMG, OMG Negative Equity Arrrrghhhh

Guest SGKG102

Guest SGKG102

Hi all,

Just thought I would do this new thread to let you know that I have had two new valuations done on my property. Both came back putting us in negative equity by 18k and 10k I can't believe it :arghh: when I think at the start of this process I had 25k equity it makes me feel sick to my stomach. Bloody Crdit Crunch!!!!!!!!!!!! it's doing my f'ing head in. I have tried the Red Envelope, Green Candles St Joseph and nothing not a blooming thing.

This means that we will no longer be able to fulfill our Oz dream at least not yet any way.

Still all is not lost I have decided to book a holiday in May so that I can validate my Visa before it runs out on 4 June. Have found somewhere to rent and now just need to sort out flights and then save like billio. Will keep the house on the market just in case miracles do happen :biglaugh:

Sorry folks all I ever seem to do is moan and groan but it is so frustrating as I am sure many of you on this forum know.

Good luck to everyone trying to sell their properties or obtain their visas.

Regards

Karen x

Guest michelle in Havant

Hi Karen

Sorry to hear the valuations didn't go well!!! I think some of my luck must be rubbing off on you!!! Glad to hear you are going to validate the visa in May, you must be sooooooo excited! Looks like we might be going to Perth now so you never know by some miracle we might have a visa by then and we could meet up and have a few drinks!!!!!!! Hopefully the housing market might pick up a bit next year, will keep my fingers crossed you get a sale ASAP!!

36_2_80.gif Sending you big hugs!!!

Michelle x

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxdm824YYGB

Guest SGKG102

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the big hug. I really needed that. :wink:

Well today I have confirmed my booking for the holiday in Perth on 17 May 2009. All I need to do now is find out how much it is going to cost in flights :eek: won't have the money to pay for them all in one go so will have to find somewhere where I can pay by installments!!!!

Quite exciting really and you'll never know may be just may be we will sell the house and be able to stay in Oz PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE.

Hows it all going for you. Have you sorted out the problems?

The drink sounds and excellent idea. In fact why wait why not just go and have one any way at the Parchies or something just to comiserate. We could call it practice.

Regards

Karen x

Guest James.S

Hi, negative equity is cr*p... we have almost sold and are looking to get exactly what we paid for our place two and a half years ago, when we started this process we could have sold and been £50k better off... very painful indeed...

James...

p.s. have a bl**dy good holiday over there anyhow, things will pick up... they have to!

Guest SGKG102
Rant as much as you want

it's affecting alot of people and changing all our plans lets hope things pick up after christmas

Hi The Brammies,

Thanks for that it really does help to have a good old rant now and then. Without POI I think I would be institutionalised by now. :wacko:

Regards

Karen :twitcy:

Guest SGKG102
Hi, negative equity is cr*p... we have almost sold and are looking to get exactly what we paid for our place two and a half years ago, when we started this process we could have sold and been £50k better off... very painful indeed...

James...

p.s. have a bl**dy good holiday over there anyhow, things will pick up... they have to!

Hi James,

Yeh you got right. Sickening aint it. You did good to get what you paid for your house. We bought ours just over two and half years ago and have spent loads on doing it up. :frown:

I am sure we will have a bl**dy good holiday as it will be our first family holiday abroad so will make the very most of it. Just hope it isn't the rainy season.

Regards

Karen :wacko:

Guest michelle in Havant

Hi Karen

Am definately up for the drink, we can use Christmas as an excuse! (Not that I need one!!). Will pm you once I have sorted latest prob to arrange it.

Problems still aren't sorted!!! :arghh:We have sacked our agent tonight, and are going to collect our file tomorrow! Should be fun as we received an email from them earlier and they seem to be ignoring the fact we have sacked them!!!! I have been bending Gills ear via email tonight, she has been really kind and helpful, and doesnt seem to mind at all. I am probably driving her nuts now though!!!

I am sure you will sell the house before you go! Just to be on the safe side I am sending you loads of positive energy and keeping my fingers, toes and legs crossed for good measure!!! Not sure how oh will feel about the leg crossing! lol!

Michelle x :wub:

Guest James.S
Hi James,

Yeh you got right. Sickening aint it. You did good to get what you paid for your house. We bought ours just over two and half years ago and have spent loads on doing it up. :frown:

I am sure we will have a bl**dy good holiday as it will be our first family holiday abroad so will make the very most of it. Just hope it isn't the rainy season.

Regards

Well at least the rain will be warm!!

One other very sickening fact is that we sold it 8 months ago for £50k more, the buyer then dropped us by £10k so we pulled out thinking we could get someone else to buy it for the asking price..... how wrong were we....

We have also spent a huge amount doing everything in the house, re-plumbed, new boiler&rad's, re-wired, new solid oak floors, new kitchen with solid oak worktops, new bathroom.... completey re-plaster & decorated....... i'm going to start crying.......

James...

Guest SGKG102
Hi Karen

Am definately up for the drink, we can use Christmas as an excuse! (Not that I need one!!). Will pm you once I have sorted latest prob to arrange it.

Problems still aren't sorted!!! :arghh:We have sacked our agent tonight, and are going to collect our file tomorrow! Should be fun as we received an email from them earlier and they seem to be ignoring the fact we have sacked them!!!! I have been bending Gills ear via email tonight, she has been really kind and helpful, and doesnt seem to mind at all. I am probably driving her nuts now though!!!

I am sure you will sell the house before you go! Just to be on the safe side I am sending you loads of positive energy and keeping my fingers, toes and legs crossed for good measure!!! Not sure how oh will feel about the leg crossing! lol!

Michelle x :wub:

Hi Michelle,

From what I have read on POI I gather that Gill is extremely helpful and a god send to many who have been having a rought time of it with their agent's. As I said without POI I probably would have been institutionalised by now.

Thanks for the positive energy. Funny I just received a phone call from the agent who valued at 18k negative equity. He told me that the market is looking better now and that he thinks that my property will sell at the price we have it at with the other agent. I did just hear on the news that the property market is now stabilising. Looking quite positive but I will remain optomistic on that.

I will look forward very much to receiving your pm then we can go and get merrily sipped and drown our sorrows.

Keep your chin up.

Karen X x X

Guest SGKG102
Well at least the rain will be warm!!

One other very sickening fact is that we sold it 8 months ago for £50k more, the buyer then dropped us by £10k so we pulled out thinking we could get someone else to buy it for the asking price..... how wrong were we....

We have also spent a huge amount doing everything in the house, re-plumbed, new boiler&rad's, re-wired, new solid oak floors, new kitchen with solid oak worktops, new bathroom.... completey re-plaster & decorated....... i'm going to start crying.......

James...

Hi James,

Thanks for that. You are supposed to say that it is not the rainy season and we will have a great time and a lovely tan to come home with!!!!!!

I know what you mean about pulling out. We had an offer 15k below the asking price in August and said no. Now the house is worth less than we were offered. Still everything happens for a reason well that's what I am telling myself anyway. :wink:

Just need to get christmas out of the way now and then hopefully in the New Year things will begin to look up especially given the news today on the housing market.

The very best of luck to you.

Regards

Guest James.S
Hi James,

Thanks for that. You are supposed to say that it is not the rainy season and we will have a great time and a lovely tan to come home with!!!!!!

I know what you mean about pulling out. We had an offer 15k below the asking price in August and said no. Now the house is worth less than we were offered. Still everything happens for a reason well that's what I am telling myself anyway. :wink:

Just need to get christmas out of the way now and then hopefully in the New Year things will begin to look up especially given the news today on the housing market.

The very best of luck to you.

Regards

Karen,

Doesn't the potential of warm rain sound good to you? it sounds great to me... especialy when most of the time it's 35 degrees!

The whole house debarcle got me so wound up I actualy considered getting a 2nd container, demolishing my house and taking it with me just to prove a point!... would have been fun would't it!

James..

:hug:

hug to you! We are in the same boat. Our house is now worth 10-15K less than when we bought it 2 yrs ago. Ive decided not to worry about it, weve had a good ride on the market so far, so the money we are losing is what we made through selling hosues. As long as we get what we physically put into it, back out then im not panicking!!!

Were gonna leave it til feb time then market at a really attractive price so we can get rid quick.

Just need to get my head round these HIP thingys:confused:

THis **** is cyclical some win some lose, it has been forecast for the last 3 years, my experience inthe late 80`s 16%interest rate £15000 negative equity and about to lose my job. You wil find it wil get a bit worse before it gets better as in past it was not as bad globally ( the yanks)

Mally

Guest SGKG102
Karen,

Doesn't the potential of warm rain sound good to you? it sounds great to me... especialy when most of the time it's 35 degrees!

The whole house debarcle got me so wound up I actualy considered getting a 2nd container, demolishing my house and taking it with me just to prove a point!... would have been fun would't it!

James..

Hi James,

:biglaugh: Oh yeh wouldn't it just. I am still giggling about it now just picture it Moving%2BHouse.gif

Thanks for making me laugh. Long time since I did that.

Regards

Karen

Guest SGKG102

Hi Ratchet,

51G5vvzEXuL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Click on the picture and you will see the message.

The HIP is the easy part the selling is the hardest. All you have to do is pay the money and the Estate Agent should do all the rest.

Good luck to you.

Karen

Guest SGKG102
THis **** is cyclical some win some lose, it has been forecast for the last 3 years, my experience inthe late 80`s 16%interest rate £15000 negative equity and about to lose my job. You wil find it wil get a bit worse before it gets better as in past it was not as bad globally ( the yanks)

Mally

Hi Mally,

Ouch I bet that was a painful experience. Suppose we should thank our lucky stars that things are'nt so bad this time around. :yes:

Went through the about to lose my job scinario as well but luckily managed to find a new one just in the nick of time.

I think things will change in the New Year what with the big cut in interest rates (Here's hoping).

Where abouts in Perth are you? I have just booked a holiday let in Clarkson for May. So excited can't wait.

Regards

Karen x

Archived