Xmas in Oz ?

Guest vickilb77

Guest vickilb77

Hi

Can you get a good xmas dinner with ALL the trimmings(pigs in blankets) in Oz and do they have real xmas trees (sorry if im being thick):err:

When we stayed at my sisters we had a lovely Xmas dinner with all the trimmings, we also so lots of places advertising Xmas dinner. Last year I spoke to my cousin and they were have prawns etc on the BBQ as he said it was too hot for a roast dinner!

Didnt see any real Xmas trees but I guess there should be some!

It was very odd to see Christmas Trees in Summer :v_SPIN:

I guess you can have whatever you choose to cook. If you go out for Christmas lunch, you often find that places either have the traditional with trimmings (not pigs in blankets though as a general rule) or a more summery alternative - they tend to cost a lot though.

Christmas trees - the trees here are awful IMHO - they arent the nice neat little Norway Spruce but big gangling pines of some other genus. Many folk these days go for the plastic trees with built in lights etc.

There's a tv programme on Channel 7 every Friday night - the show has been running for years and also has a monthly magazine. It's one of those gardening, home improvement, interior decorating, cooking, pets, type of shows. Its called Better Homes and Gardens - do a Google search and you might be able to view the Christmas edition which has Christmas decorations and cooking. That may help answer your question. Some places have a Christmas in July thingo, particularly in the Blue Mountains just outside Sydney, where it is much cooler.

Hi

Well, we are having our first 'living here xmas' this year as we moved here in March this year. We had a xmas here about 3 years ago on a reccie visit & we had a proper traditional roast dinner and we intend to do exactly the same this year!The shops are already full of Xmas fayre, cakes, mince pies, crackers, decorations etc.. Boxing day will be an Aussie barbie lunch though! Don't know about trees though as we are intending to buy an artifical one that will last for a few years!

Mandy x

Guest The Bishop's

HI i have been doing some research into chritmas in Australia and found out you can get real chritmas trees and pick your own from tree farms which my kids love doing they have them in most states i love a real christmas tree. Hope this helps.

Jo, Roy, Kiearn & Lewis

christmas_graphics_04a.gif

Archived