kids class sizes

Guest scottish-kiwi

Guest scottish-kiwi

just curious if anyone can advise how many kids in their kids primary classes. my kids in scotland both have over 30 kids and was wondering if oz classes are similar or hopefully smaller. thanks

Guest gillian

I think the sizes vary,but at our school they have max 22 in lower grades (prep-grade 2) and max 25 in grades 3-6.Although the youngest has 20 in grade 1/2 and eldest has 22 grade3/4 so must depend on amount of kids enrolled per year.Hope this helps but i am sure you can find this info on the education websites for the state you want to reside in.

Guest scottish-kiwi

thanks gillian - suppose its a lot to do with luck and how many other kids born same time as yours but it would be nice to think they would be going to smaller classes - thanks

Guest leanneandmark

Hi Cal

My eldest is 9 in sept just after going up to year 4. when will he be in year 4 out there (melbourne)

Might have asked this before but easily confused at the moment

:?

cheers

Leanne

Something to consider is that a class of many well-behaved children will always be better than a class of 12 hell bats! Local knowledge and thorough research is the best thing to arm yourselves with!

Both my daughter and son have commented that they think classrooms are generally quieter with fewer disruptions and better behaved children over here... There are however, 27 children in my son's class and 1300 pupils at my daughter's secondary college.

Having paid a fortune for their education in U.K. I am delighted with what we get here for a 'voluntary' contribution of a few hundred dollars!

My kids have only been in school here since Jan 31st (years 7 and 2), the style of teaching seems less formalised and whilst they get homework it isn't as much as the UK. Tom (7) has been able to do some fun hands on experiments in science which he has been eager to recreate at home and Alex is doing things that she hadn't done in the UK. The children have settled very quickly, they're eager to go in the morning and to tell us about their day when they arrive home. Tom even said he loved school the other day something he'd never said before. So it's been a bit of a relief that they've both settled quickly and made friends.

Ali

Hello!

Ive already posted a message in jobs and careers and havent had any luck so I'm posting this here!! Im a primary school teacher Y1, just wondered if anyone had any children attending an independent/private australian school and how it compares to UK? I have taught in state schools in Qld and Vic on a casual basis when I took a yr out from my current teaching job. Just wondered if there were any teachers out there or if anybody knows any that could offer advice on working in the independent sector?!?!?!

Thanks very much and apols for waffling!

Dugong

Archived