Emig.. to Manley Jan '09. Love to meet anyone recently moved or moving near there!!!

Guest Scared and excited V

My husband and I have just returned from a recci and have decided to live in an area called Wakerley just outside Manley. We would love to meet up with famlies who have recently moved or are moving soon. We hopefully will arrive Jan '09. Our girls ar 5 and 9. They will either be going to Manley West State School or Redlands College if they manage to squeeze them in.

Would be great to meet people who are in the same position as us. I have decided not to work (Nurse) for a few months as my main priority is to make sure the girls are settled and be able to spend as much time with them as possible. However will be on my own most of the day so bit concerned I will go mad and start to miss home more than they all will. Sure cleaning will keep me busy!!! Not!!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Vanessa ( Livin' the dream!!):spinny:

xx

Guest Aussiegirl

Hi Vanessa, not sure if I just replied to another thread written by you. Im also a nurse looking to reside in Birkdale, Wellington Point. We have a boy and girl 5 and 8. We leave in 5 weeks!! Keep in touch and maybe we can meet for a picnic in one of the parks nearby. I have a job and will start in January while hubby decides what he wants to do. Trace

Hi Trace

Wow you leave in 5 weeks. Are you organised. What kind of nurse are you? Where have you got a job? I'm a staff nurse working with the school nurses at the minute and i love it but not sure if i will get that work again. previously Staff nurse with district nurses for 7 years but its 9 years since i did any sort of hospital work. Dont think i would be confident going back onto wards now. Bit worried about it really.

We loved wellington point and we were a bit undecided about Manley or there. We decided manley was a bit nearer to lots of things really and had better choice or estates to live on and had a bit more going on for the girls on the Marina front. The point however is gorgeous and that play area is great for the kids down there.

Have you been over prior to this to check it all out or are you biting the bullet and going.

Have you sorted schools and house out yet or will you do that when you get there. Wellingon Point State Primary seemed lovely and the High School is supposed to be good. Redlands College( Private) was amazing. Fab facilities and £300 a month for the two of them to go. Cheap or what compared to here. They like church attendance if you are into that sort of thing so take references from Head teacher, Vicar/Priest and latest school reports.

Are your children looking forward to going or not. mine have taken a bit of persuading esp the eldest but since our trip over they seem a lot more positive about it. Thank God!!

We would love to meet up when we arrive so stay in touch. Hopefully it will be soon after New Year.

Love vanessa x

Hi There

We live in carindale and often pop over to wynum/manly for a coffee and to let our little one run around like a loon on the park at wynum.

Wife is a nurse at the PA Hospital and loves it we have been here over 18mths now

Its got lots for the kids on the front there at Manley/Wynnum hasn't it. Been telling my girls about it so they are excited about the prospect of outdoor pool to go to at weekends. How old is yours? Do yu love it. Are you feeling settled yet and have you had lots of ups and downs. What does PA stand for at the hospital your wife is at. Maybe meet up one day soon. x

Hi

Ours is 2 and a half so a bit more of a run around kid now lol, yeah feel very settled but you will have some lows and highs etc but you dont let it get to you.

PA stands for Princess Alexandra Hospital, Yeah up for a meet, what you going to be doing when you get here

My current job is a staff nurse with the school nurses. Been doing that for about 2 years and I love it. Not Pead trained though just General Adult. Before that I was a Staff nurse with the District nurse for about 7 years and before that worked on surg ward for 3 years from qualifying. Would love to do school nursing but apparently you have to wait for someone to die in Au before a job there comes up. Dont feel confident enough now to go back on the wards and really dont fancy going back to leg ulcers again. Any ideas what I should do. In a bit of a pickle and worried about it, going to have a few months off with girls but need to work really to meet people etc. Aaaaah!!! Help!!!

Guest Aussiegirl

Hello

I am an A&E nurse and have been for the last 15 years. My eldest who is nearly 8 has had lots of crying, doesnt want to leave his friends or his nan, I know he will be fine once he starts school. I have so many to do lists to do!! Looking forward to getting there and having a holiday before the mad rush of finding accomodation, furniture etc.

I will miss my friends dreadfully but I know this is the right thing to do for my children!

Keep in touch:yes:

Hi

My wife currently works in the renal at the pa she suggest working in the bank aka pandorras box so you can find out what area you want to work in because coming from the uk you will find it a doddle, have you got your qld nursing licenece yet ?

Getting that side of things sorted out has been the last on my list of things to do. Wasn't going to work for a good few months to get the girls settled. Any advice how I go about it. Do I have to sort any thing out over here first before we jet off? x

Hi I am also a nurse at the PA hospital have just left Ed as struggled to settle am starting work in the prison section of the hospital on Wednesday 6mth secondment at least will give me time to decide what to do. We go to wakerely as friends live there My children are older but more than happy to meet up. Reference yr nursing registration download application online will give you info regarding in fo you need especially about where you did your training may even waant transcript difficult if school of nursing no longer there and now a uni. You have to register every june unlike in the Uk (uk is yrly now i know) anything i can do for you just shout have you sorted out accommodation

Guest meganhannah
My husband and I have just returned from a recci and have decided to live in an area called Wakerley just outside Manley. We would love to meet up with famlies who have recently moved or are moving soon. We hopefully will arrive Jan '09. Our girls ar 5 and 9. They will either be going to Manley West State School or Redlands College if they manage to squeeze them in.

Would be great to meet people who are in the same position as us. I have decided not to work (Nurse) for a few months as my main priority is to make sure the girls are settled and be able to spend as much time with them as possible. However will be on my own most of the day so bit concerned I will go mad and start to miss home more than they all will. Sure cleaning will keep me busy!!! Not!!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Vanessa ( Livin' the dream!!):spinny:

xx

Hey Vanessa, I am to looking at going to that area between April and June 2009. I am also a nurse (oncology). please e-mail me on joe@thornby12.freeserve.co.uk I would love to chat to you and find out what your plans are. I am so scared have a 16 year old who thinks he is in love so not really wanting to go a 14, 12 and 4 year old.

Anyway hope to hear from you

Jo:chatterbox:

Guest spadgersdad

Hi,

The Bayside is lovely,(we are biased as we live at Thornlands) have you checked out other areas on the Bayside:-

Birkdale

Thornlands

Thornside

Ormiston

Cleveland

Victoria Point

Redland Bay

Manly is a lovely area, but property is a little pricey due to being closer to Brisbane, also Manly comes under Brisbane council so there are higher water restrictions.

Check out www.more2redlands.com.au this will help with areas and facilities. If you need any further information please dont hesistate to contact us. Good luck with your son he will love it in Australia as there is so much for him to do.

• 2 months later...
Guest ness 74

Hi its Vanessa

Youreplied to me a month or so ago when I was in uk. My name was scareda nd excited v but changed it to ness 74 as had probs logging on in that name whenb arrived. We livwe in wakerley near Manly and I have 2 girls aged 9 and 5 who attend Redlands College near wellington Point. Hope all is going well. Been feeling a bit and down over last few days. Been here for just over 5 weeks now. How are you? How old are your children. Where did you end up settling?. If youfancy meeting up for a coffee one day that would be lovely. Might hear from you soon.

Best wishes

Vanessa x

Guest ness 74

Hi

well we have arrived. Jan 1st!!!! Settled into house. Shipping arrives in a few weeks fingers crossed.

Where are you up to with everything. Are you in Uk or Brisbane?

Changed on line name to ness 74 now as I was having probs logging on with scared and excited v.

Hope you have arrive then we maybe could meet for coffee. Think it was April/May when you were due to arrive.

look forward to hearing from you.

vanessa x

Archived