Supermarkets?????????

Guest Hayley370

Guest Hayley370

Sorry i know this is an exceptionally boring post but I would appreciate any advice!

We are on a bit of an economy drive at the moment and I am wondering which is the best supermarket to use?

At the moment I use woolies purely for convenience, because it is walking distance and I like to walk up there with the boys and stop at the park on the way home.

Am I right in saying that woolies is quite expensive (is this like the equivalent of buying your groceries in m & s)? I tried Coles when we here before but I was wondering what some of the other supermarkets are like but without comprising quality. I buy homebrands where possible and have found woolies ones to be pretty good, just wondered what the others are like? I would liken my woolies to tescos and I am happy with it but just wondering if I can get the same stuff elsewhere for cheaper? Any thoughts or ideas will be greatfully received!

I dont think we got much choice there have we Hayley ,woolys or oh yes woolys ,i dont know where theres a coles anywere near us ,so looks like im stuck with woolys too ,i used asda in the uk and my costs seem about the same thou.other than travelling to aldi which wouldnt be ideal unless i got an esky in the car i dont were else i could go,is aldi near you ?

Cal x

Hi, Just to let you know that Aldi are over here in Oz along with another cheap supermarkets called IGA and also bi-lo, check the net to see if they are in your area, the normal supermarkets like tesco are woolworths and coles.Hope this helps

I also shop at Aldi...as I did in teh UK...

Aldi is great, not only because it is cheaper, but also because you get all sortys of european stuff too.

Guest oz migration

Hi Hayley

My wife advises me of the following :

General use Bi Lo (brand products cheaper)

Coles - quality and good price meat

Aldi - additional choice of cheaper brand products

Local greengrocers for quality and fair price (fruit lasts much longer than supermarkets.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Chris

Archived