novated lease - ford territory, 2004

Guest waliam

Novated leases are offered by employers. They are available on the 457 visa but is down to what your employer is willing to offer.

Novated Leasing is a method of salary packaging a car, under which an employee leases a car and the employer agrees to take on the employee's obligations under the lease, paying the monthly lease rentals from the employee's pre-tax income.

Lee

Guest Richard J

Most cars can have a novated lease. A novated car lease is a car lease document with an extra form that the employer and employee both sign. Depending on the car finance company depends on how old they allow the motor vehicle to be. 2004 would be fine. If you need someone to get you pre approved let me know.

• 2 months later...

Up to me i think most of the cars can be taken for a novated lease.Its 2004 model so you can take no problem.Also discuss with your employer for other details.

-------------------------------

gomez

Car Loans

We can have a novated lease but thought buying cash would be bettter - the car is ours full stop - no final payments or handing the car back but am I wrong? Are novated leases still a good idea if you weren't going to take finance?

Jules

But with novated lease *everything* to do with your car is pre-tax including the fuel, so depending on your tax level you can save up to 45%.

I'm looking into getting a lancer VRX. It works out 30K if I buy it outright, but the effective cost is 42K as I've paid 40% tax on that money. If I NL it it's 10K a year after tax including all fuel, servicing, tyres etc. It's worthwhile looking at but only if you have a higher rate of tax otherwise it's not effective

Guest nathanhaigh
Forgive the stupidity. Whats novated lease? Can you get it on a 457?

Yes you can, I have a novated lease car and I'm on a 457. However, the length of the lease will have to be less than the time remaining on your visa. I had to take the lease out over 3 years (well, just under) as I'm on a 3yr contract, which can push up the weekly/fortnightly/monthly payments somewhat.

Archived