Kangaroos heading for extinction

cartertucker

Guest earlswood

Dont think this pair are going to let their race die out....

kangaroo-love.jpg

Dont think this pair are going to let their race die out....

WEnt for a run in the bush ( in the car Early that come later) this big big red was stood in the road it was built like a brick ****house with arms like garth . They ought to get the idiot on yoiutube in a cage with the a red and one of its females no contaest

Mally from |kally

kangaroo-love.jpg

This thread is ok if you are her and understand the circumstances, there is a youtubr video with some scumbag hitting a in my minds eye druggeg Kangaroo, thats cruelty becos the bugger wouod have disemboweloed the twat if it had been right . $600000 reward about that sh9it as in an Alpha red with a female then sweep up the bits

M from K

See you are heading for Queensland in for a shock where pig hunting is the state pastime you are in for a big awakening

Mally from Kally

Pig hunting is done in NSW, NT as well as Qld. Probably all states but can't say that for sure. Unfortunately there are some greenies kicking up a fuss about it. :smile:

Pigs are an introduced pest, they cause considerable damage to the environment and have to be controlled.

They can't be eliminated... too many. One way is baiting but that is indiscriminate and kills other species... indigenous, rare, endangered.

Pig hunting wouldn't be my game but those who do it are part of a necessary control program. It's becoming a business in the NT I understand? Wild boar is much sought after and exported to europe. I think the germans are particularly fond of it?

The pigs are apparently wreaking absolute havoc in the Kosciusko National Park. There are even people who go out pig hunting in ACT though I must admit it isnt something I would spend my time doing! At the moment the pigs are winning!

As for eating kangaroo - my self sufficient son and his family basically live on it, he shoots and butchers them (legally) and he keeps my DH well supplied. I dont much like it, dont like the smell of it cooking actually - part of that comes from having been a long time vego and only recent convert to meat eating but it is getting quite popular here now, it used to be only good for dog food but now most mainstream supermarkets will have roo.

I found this seriously appalling!!!

The RSPCA has launched an Australia wide search for a youth who was video taped beating a kangaroo as his friend looks on laughing.

The video was sent to the RSPCA in WA and shows the youth using kickboxing style attacks on the kangaroo.

In one scene the man pulls the kangaroo towards him and uses his knee to deliver a blow to the animal's chest.

The final punch knocks the kangaroo to the ground where it appears to lie unconscious.

The RSPCA says it is unclear whether the attack resulted in the death of the animal.

A spokesman for the RSPCA, Richard Barry, says the organisation has launched a nationwide appeal to catch the men responsible for the footage.

"We are appealing to every media outlet in Australia to help us track down the cowards behind the vicious attack on this kangaroo," he said.

"Thankfully this sickening footage has now been removed from the website where it was first seen. The next stage is to ensure that those responsible for this film are brought to justice.

"Only a coward would attack an injured and obviously terrified young animal much smaller than himself. We want these cowards to be caught, charged and prosecuted.

"We are appealing to every media outlet in Australia to help us track down the culprits and we have also posted a photo of the youth at www.rspcawa.asn.au," he added.

The RSPCA also welcomes the support of the Western Australia Police in finding the perpetrators of this senseless attack.

Steve McLeod, a native wildlife expert, believes the animal was injured prior to being attacked: "The kangaroo is very disoriented. It is very unusual for a kangaroo to fight like that as they invariably flee. I would hazard a guess that it has been knocked over by the car and injured. Certainly it has been stunned in some way."

The RSPCA across Australia has joined forces to launch a nationwide appeal to catch the cowards who shot this appalling footage.

"We are appealing to every media outlet in Australia to help us track down the cowards behind the vicious attack on this kangaroo," said Richard Barry, spokesman for the RSPCA in WA.

"Thankfully this sickening footage has now been removed from the website where it was first seen. The next stage is to ensure that those responsible for this film are brought to justice.

"Only a coward would attack an injured and obviously terrified young animal much smaller than himself. We want these cowards to be caught, charged and prosecuted.

"We are appealing to every media outlet in Australia to help us track down the culprits and we have also posted a photo of the youth at Welcome to the RSPCA of Western Australia

The RSPCA also welcomes the support of the Western Australia Police in finding the perpetrators of this senseless attack.

"The RSPCA is sending a clear message that this behaviour is not only unacceptable, it is against the law.

"People might think posting videos on the internet provides them some anonymity but the RSPCA is here to tell those people that when it comes to animal cruelty, we have zero tolerance and we will use every resource to track you down."

agree that cruelty to any animal is unacceptable, legalised culling and hunting, while not my personal choice of sport is a nessesity. dont think for one moment that if we were not the dominant species that we would not be culled just as effectivly.

Guest jewels1356

Congratulations. You have successfully signed the petition:

Moratorium urgently needed: Kangaroos heading for Extinction.

You are signer #1549

Guest becci14

all signed

i hope roo's dont become extinct

ive seen them in the wild when i went out to aus back last year and it was so nice :)

i dont want other people to miss out on that

xx

becci :)

wots a skink?

They're a type of lizard. They grow to about 4-6 inches long, most are around 2-3 inches long. Usually quite slender in profile compared to the larger lizards. Brown or olive coloured with flashes of bright colours along their flanks. Can be seen sunning themselves on rocks, walls and fences. :smile:

Guest ElleNico
They're a type of lizard. They grow to about 4-6 inches long, most are around 2-3 inches long. Usually quite slender in profile compared to the larger lizards. Brown or olive coloured with flashes of bright colours along their flanks. Can be seen sunning themselves on rocks, walls and fences. :smile:

Thank you. I will add that to my list of things to look out for when I get to Australia....and I will not let my pet eat any!!!

Archived