Minister flags lower migrant intake

Guest Aldo

Guest NewLifeDownUnder

We are moving early next year so I hope not. (asuming the visa comes through ok!!)

I would imagine it won't take long for the current situation to change, the rich are getter poorer so it's bound to change soon! :-)

We are also wards heading to OZ, originally from coventry!!

Good Luck anyway.

Regards

The Wardy family

x

What you on today Aldo? Haven't you had your happy piils?? Quit it...it's not helpful!

Aldo is giving you facts and information. Its a lot more helpful than some of the "mush" posted on this site. :smile:

Migration won't stop but it will probably slow down.

Yeh sure, he is just a ball of Fun is n't he?

Sometime he is and sometimes he isn't? :biglaugh:

Why do people seem to shoot the messenger?

Guest guest17301

Thanks for the advice..It was meant in a lighthearted way as Aldo no doubt realises, as we are friends. Thank you for your concern though.

Guest emmaanddean

Hi All

Doesn't look like anything is definate though and the article also states that Oz will continue to run a migration for programe for the next 30-40 years so not all bad news

If you shoot the messenger, you don't get the message!

There are some messages you just don't want to get, Im a bit sick of all the doom and gloom. How about a new rule on PIO, Any posts have to be balanced for every negative comment that you make, you have to make a positive one in the same post!

I'm sure this won't affext anyone on this site who has already applied or is close to submitting an application. Australia's financial year runs from 1st July to 30th June and any cuts, if there are any, will probably be announced from 1st July 2009 onwards. Hope I'm right.

I'm sure this won't affext anyone on this site who has already applied or is close to submitting an application. Australia's financial year runs from 1st July to 30th June and any cuts, if there are any, will probably be announced from 1st July 2009 onwards. Hope I'm right.

I was reading somewhere that the most likely group to be affected were the 457 visa holders with more of them being declined PR - cant remember which paper it was though, sorry. I wouldnt bank on this being just a financial year decsion - they can change their minds about such things at any time.

Guest UGandSMUG

Tis a little worrying. As you know me and the OH are right at the start of the process and will be aiming for a Oct-Nov move next year. Hopefully the fact that both of our professions are on the MODL might be in our favour.....

What happens currently when they hit the quota? Do they inform the unlucky people that they are queued till next year or something regardless of how many 'points' they've got?

If you shoot the messenger, you don't get the message!

There are some messages you just don't want to get, Im a bit sick of all the doom and gloom. How about a new rule on PIO, Any posts have to be balanced for every negative comment that you make, you have to make a positive one in the same post!

So my factual, topical, and informative posts about Australian migration issues upsets you!

This in turn upsets me and i have not been sleep because of this..

Then all of a sudden it came to me, a solution to our dilemma.....

DON'T F_ _ _ING READ MY POSTS!!!

Archived