how much to take the dog?

graham  and trudy

Hi not sure how much to take a dog but you could get in touch with people like airpets etc.

I know they have to have a blood test, be microchipped, wormed and deflead before you go and they have to be in quarantine for 30 days over in Oz. You have to pay for air fare and an import visa but the air people sort all that out for you - you just have to pay for the first bit I mentioned.

Hope that helps a bit

Debbie

hi

it all depends on the size and weight of your dog , alsation size your looking at around the 2k sort of figure then lower for smaller dogs, quarantine fees in oz are around $450 , we have been quoted about 1,800 for ours springer spaniel, and what i can gather from other threads on here air pets are the best and most competitive to use,hope this helps you some.

Dave

Guest spottymercedes

We paid somewhere around the £2800 mark for 1 dog Heathrow to Melbourne with Pet-Air and that included everything except quarantine costs, which I can't remember the exact figure for. Pet-Air seem a bit more expensive than some companies, but they really do include everything. They come to your home at a time convenient to you to do bloodtests and you get a 24hr contact if you have any problems or questions. I would recommend them. Only the best for my spoiled spotty mercedes!!!

quarentine - how long is this, my dog is chipped and will have his jabe 28 days before as defra state, but i cant bear to be away form my baby for too long. cant get a difinative date for quarrentine? anyone ( he is a 4yo black lab up to date with jabs etc)

yeah if they have had leptospirosis in the last 6 months they may fail the test as its a live vaccine. get that done when you get there

hi

it all depends on the size and weight of your dog , alsation size your looking at around the 2k sort of figure then lower for smaller dogs, quarantine fees in oz are around $450 , we have been quoted about 1,800 for ours springer spaniel, and what i can gather from other threads on here air pets are the best and most competitive to use,hope this helps you some.

Dave

Sorry mate

$700 for quarantine Petair are brill do gold sewrvice everything in bloods innox job lot or silver you do the bloods etc Doctor Bob the vet cant reccommend them enough we had come to oz and planned to leave the large furry thing laid on my feet in uk but oh says we got to bring him over he was with rellies they did everything liasing with us in oz and the folks looking after the footwarmer

Mally from Kally

quarentine - how long is this, my dog is chipped and will have his jabe 28 days before as defra state, but i cant bear to be away form my baby for too long. cant get a difinative date for quarrentine? anyone ( he is a 4yo black lab up to date with jabs etc)

If he has had the lepto thing he will fail my mutt was inoculated oct 1 07 blood test for oz mar 08 failed the lepto thing passed 3nd one 3 weeks later this is very xommon dunt worry

M from K

Hiya

Quarrantine is for thirty days, the stations are at Melbourne and Sydney and Perth, you can visit your dogs at the station almost every day.

One of the reasons we chose to go to melbourne was so we could visit the dogs at the stations - The things we do for them!

Claire

Just been quoted £2500 by pet air for a 20 kilo blue staffy, problem is he is only just a year old so will be more like 25 kilo by the time my visa comes through, can't leave my baby though !!!!

cheers fozzy

Archived