***Moving 2 Perth 2009??***

the_nanny_uk2

Guest the laings

hi we are the laings angela 42, geoff 44, holly18, harry15,poppy12, and bubbles the cat, we are waiting for our house to sell yawn zzzzzzzz, and then hope to go to mandurah august 09,. are we the only people to panic one minute about going, and then cant wait the next. if the house sells at least then we can get excited, till then ifeel stuck in limbo.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bump909

Hi All,

We are Kris (35) & Claire (35). Will be arriving in Perth November 09. Dunno where yet but it's got to be better then UK at the mo.

hi we are the laings angela 42, geoff 44, holly18, harry15,poppy12, and bubbles the cat, we are waiting for our house to sell yawn zzzzzzzz, and then hope to go to mandurah august 09,. are we the only people to panic one minute about going, and then cant wait the next. if the house sells at least then we can get excited, till then ifeel stuck in limbo.

Nope, you're not the only one to feel this way!! We are hoping to hear within the next few weeks about our visa but until we know for definite we cant make a concrete decision about what we are doing. We would like to go by July this year, cant really go any later as I'm 15 weeks pregnant but that depends on the job situation for OH or do we validate and move out after the baby has been born?! Its very confusing! One minute I'm excited and can't wait, the next I'm worrying that to move to the other side of the world without a job in place is a little insane!!! :confused: Good luck with your plans though!

Guest Sian9181

We are Mark (41), Sian (28), Nia (4) and Zak (2). We are moving to Perth hopefully around end of July(ish), coming on a sponsored visa, we are on the list but our sponsorship fell through so here we ae again. We don't really know where we are going to live yet, not too far away from Midvale though. Thinking Ellenbrook or Woodvale, Edgewater???????????

Guest lisaandnigel

hi all we have just booked our flights whoop whoop.

leaving on the 12 august , cant wait

lisa

Guest Markjl

Can someone please help if you are granted a visa i know you have 6 months to come to the country and get it activatied but what happens if you go back to england after that how long would it be vaild for?

Any help with this would be warmly welcomed

Guest soggybiscuit

Hi we are Chris 37, Majella 41, Brendan 8 and Michael 3

We have just booked flights for 05 October 2009 , luckily wife has a job in Joondalup hospital and I am a floorlayer so hopefully I can find work if not house husband sounds grand to me.

Guest Ozzy7

I live in Secret Harbour in WA if I can help any of you out feel free to PM me with questions, good luck with the move Im sure once your here you wont regret it.

Guest ozzieandlea

Hi all

Lea,I and the kids have just got back from our reccie to Perth and absolutely loved the place. Stayed in Mindarie NOR and visited friends in Butler so will be looking to live around those areas when we arrive. Visited Secret Harbour and Rockingham,which were lovely,however Lea`s job offer at Joondalup Hospital means we will be looking North.Just waiting for visa now cos can`t wait to get back there. Good luck to all who are heading out that way,we know you`ll love it.

Ozzie and Lea

Guest yindavies

Is jonndalup hospital a private or goverment hospital. Goverment nursing vacancies seem to have dried up was wondering if the private nursing sector offer same benefits and security. Any information greatly appreciated.

Guest soggybiscuit

Hi, Ramsay Health is private I'm not too sure what you mean by the perks and benefits that is offered by public health but I'm pretty pleased with what they are offering as basic pay without unsocial hours included. Anything is better than the way my partnership is going. By the way I have a post as a psychiatric nurse and in Ramsay @ Joondalup they take public health sector patients rather than the "worried well" who just want some time out from life. We where over in Oct'08 so got to meet my manager and get a feel for the place.Hope this is helpful

Guest Clare Robinson

Hi, I would really appreciate your advice. We are looking to move around Leeming, Bullcreek, Booragoon and dependant upon finances Applecross! Wewant to rent to start with around either Rossmoyne or Willetton school catchment areas. Any advice you can give would be great. I am Clare (34) my hubby is Matt (35) and we have two children Maesie (7) and Keilen (3). We are just completing the AQF assessments so will be another month by the time the TRA is passed so Visa will probably be applied for by (or state sponsorship) by end Jun/Beg July, our agents will then probably decide with us which is the best way to go. My husband is a floor and wall tiler and I am an Interior Designer although looking to go back to college to complete a degree to become a PE Teacher over there once the little one is in school. Perhaps you could advise me, what age would my little boy be able to go to school/pre-school. He is due to start next September (2010)here which was when I was looking to get myself sorted with schooling. Also perhaps the best adult education I could go to. Sorry for racking your brain but any info you could give would be fab. We are hoping to get over for the beginning of the school year in 2010 but don't know if this is liekly.

Many thanks. Clare

Guest Clare Robinson

Hi Everyone,

We are Mat (35) Clare (34) Maesie (7) and Keilen (3). We are hoping to be out in Perth around Leeming/Bull Creek area hopefully for Jan 2010. We are just about ready to apply for the Visa once hubbys TRA pass is received, we then have a decision of state sponsored or independant visa. Anybody have any idea how long the State Sponsor is taking at the mo. Best wishes to all.

Clare

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adamsfamily
Thanks Jo. It's great to keep tabs on when people are coming out so we can organise Perth meets for them!

hi,

i have moved to a rental in Quinns Rocks and wondered if there were any coffee meet-ups ararnged locally to me in the near future? i have been here for seven weeks now and love it so far................. be great to hear from you, Nikki. (on the damned 457!)

Hi Everyone,

We are Mat (35) Clare (34) Maesie (7) and Keilen (3). We are hoping to be out in Perth around Leeming/Bull Creek area hopefully for Jan 2010. We are just about ready to apply for the Visa once hubbys TRA pass is received, we then have a decision of state sponsored or independant visa. Anybody have any idea how long the State Sponsor is taking at the mo. Best wishes to all.

Clare

Welcome to the thread Clare, we are going down the state sponsorship route now too. I think going off another thread it is taking 3-6mths for them to come back at the mo hun.

Can you look back through the thread and find the latest list then copy and paste your own details to it please, that way we have a running list of everyone and the timescales thay are on. The list is done in calendar order.

Jo xxx

Hi everyone,

We have had our visa granted on Wednesday!!!! :smile: Very, very happy but also really scared! Especially my OH has he is leaving a safe and secure job and we have no idea what we are going to, luckily we can stay with friends when we first get there. He is speaking to his supervisor today and will hopefully get a career break rather than having to hand his notice in, gives us a bit of a safety net! We are looking to be in Perth by the end of July.

Lots of luck for everyone still waiting - I know how you feel! We did think that it would never happen at one point!!!!!

Sarah, Trev & Isabelle

Guest soggybiscuit

Congratulations, we are still waiting for visa's my wife has to start a job in November at Joondalup hospital. I am in the same situation as your oh I just hope there's work for me when we get there. How long did you wait for the visa's and which type are they.

Well done again.

We haven't sent forms in yet for our visas, still loads to do! Feel so overwhelmed by it all. Can anyone answer a question of mine? I have 3 young children who are not my fiance['s, they don't see there biological father, do I still need to contact him for permision to emigrate? Have been told my kids won't be allowed to come out with us unless he says so!

Congratulations, we are still waiting for visa's my wife has to start a job in November at Joondalup hospital. I am in the same situation as your oh I just hope there's work for me when we get there. How long did you wait for the visa's and which type are they.

Well done again.

Hi, we applied for our 176 visa in November and front loaded all our medicals and police checks. We did have a delay when the paperwork to say we had state sponsorship from WA was slow in getting to the DIAC, our agent had to chase up 3 times!! After that had been recieved we heard 3 weeks later that we had it! My OH has been given a 5 yr career break which gives us a bit of a safety net (which we hopefully wont need!) so its just finding a job. He's been told because of the economic slowdown employers wont consider you until you've moved out there. Best of luck with your move! Sarah

We haven't sent forms in yet for our visas, still loads to do! Feel so overwhelmed by it all. Can anyone answer a question of mine? I have 3 young children who are not my fiance['s, they don't see there biological father, do I still need to contact him for permision to emigrate? Have been told my kids won't be allowed to come out with us unless he says so!

Hi if you know where he lives then you do need to have a Statutory Declaration from him saying he gives his permission, if he won't you can go to court to get it. There are a number of posts on this subject if you use the search you should find them. Don't worry from what I have read there always seems to be a way, although sometimes it can be time consuming and difficult so it is a good idea to get started now.

Guest VFRHOCKS

Hello, we came to Clarkson about the same time. We are now in Mindarie.

If you want to meet up feel free to PM us. Come over with Cheryl my partner and 7yr daughter.

We would like to meet up with anyone around the Northern area. We love it here and are really enjoying it.

We would love to meet anyone else coming over or already over. If we can help, by all means feel free to ask.

MArk

:jiggy:Hi all

We are aiming to go to perth - March 2009 [ house sale depending]

clarkson area , going on sponsored 457

Bev [40] , Tony [37], Rachel [17]

speak soon

:jiggy:

Guest dawnpepper

Hi, we are the Gillett family. There is Byron (46), me - Dawn (43), Aleesha (3) and our 2 dalmatian dogs - Pepper (9) and domino (7). We had our medicals last February and then they wanted some more information about Aleesha which they received at the end of May so we are hoping to have our visa by the end of July.

I have a job at the St. John of God Hospital in Murdoch and are hoping to live SOR around Baldivis, Port kennedy or Secret Harbour. My husband is a wall and floor tiler and I am a nurse but hoping to have more time to be a mum.

Good luck to you all still waiting for your visas and hope to hear from you soon.

Archived