***Moving 2 Perth 2009??***

the_nanny_uk2

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not sure if am using this right but trying to reply to a thread!! Anyway, my husband is a Project Manager (currently implementing lean manufactuing into Construction industry) and I am also a Project Manager (automotive ind) but now have a 21 month old daughter and not returned into work yet.

Can anyone give me their thoughts on whether to rent 1st or purchase straight away when moving to Perth...? Is the rental market easy? Plus, has everyone secured a job 1st (and got company sponsorship) or done it alone? Your stories and thoughts would be appreciated....

hi mally i will start work a week on monday in floreat as a gents hairstylist........in response to jfrost we have just got a rental in kinross as we want to make sure australia is for us. i did the visa by myself and am on a 175 permanent residents visa..if you can do it all on your own as the migration agents charge you a lot just for filling in a form. ok its a big form but just take your time if i can help just let me know and i will do all i can take care and good luck

hi mally i will start work a week on monday in floreat as a gents hairstylist........in response to jfrost we have just got a rental in kinross as we want to make sure australia is for us. i did the visa by myself and am on a 175 permanent residents visa..if you can do it all on your own as the migration agents charge you a lot just for filling in a form. ok its a big form but just take your time if i can help just let me know and i will do all i can take care and good luck

Too easy mate straight down the marmion , dont try the freeway at that time:goofy:

bloomin nitemare , how good are ya at mullets :twitcy:

Mally

not bad at them mate i am going to use the train then get the bus i think

Dont where at Kingsley you are but you might have to get you mrs to drop you off parkin at the stations is horrendous ,I pass whitfords at 7 am and its full free one and pay one. Driving down theres a doddle its just squares and signposted down west coast highway then off there to flo cant recall road go into google maps navigate from there gives you directions but when you are used to it you find your own way

Mally

Guest sexkit001

Hi... have not been on this thread for awhile - what a mistake that was !!!... lovely to see all the new peeps adding their details and finding their ways... I am so confused on areas to live in again now, it is getting my nerves, at first it was secret harbour area, then Butler but now not so sure...

xx

Hi... have not been on this thread for awhile - what a mistake that was !!!... lovely to see all the new peeps adding their details and finding their ways... I am so confused on areas to live in again now, it is getting my nerves, at first it was secret harbour area, then Butler but now not so sure...

xx

Well you`ve picked the bottom and top ,plenty inbetween , the new bit at Butler is Brighton ,think theyll rename iy or summat

Mally

Guest sexkit001
Well you`ve picked the bottom and top ,plenty inbetween , the new bit at Butler is Brighton ,think theyll rename iy or summat

Mally

have heard Brighton being mentioned a few times the only off putting thing is my ex lives in Brighton and just turns my stomach lol... plus have to make our way down there to tell him the news we are going and to make sure he says ok for Grace going urrrgghhh.. xxx

Hi everyone,

We are currently at the beginning of looking into migating to Perth and its all so very scary. I am fortunate that both my parents and my sister and her family live there. But I am worrying about everything like are we doing the right thing! My husband and my eldest daughter who is nearly 19 are fine about migrating but my youngest daughter who is 16 is totally not interested and has said she wont be coming with us if we go. This is making me very anxious about the whole thing cause I just want her to be happy. My husband says she is just being stubborn and will come round!! She is convinced that she will have nothing to do! We recently had a wonderful holiday out there with my family and we didnt want to come back, but yep guess what my youngest couldnt wait!! Is there anyone out there that had a similar experience - please help ! I really dont want to give up on our dream x thank you xxxx

Im saying all this and we may not even get out there but I think Im having a bit of a panic attack about the whole thing xx thanks for listening and help me please ha x

Guest lisaarthurton
Hi everyone,

We are currently at the beginning of looking into migating to Perth and its all so very scary. I am fortunate that both my parents and my sister and her family live there. But I am worrying about everything like are we doing the right thing! My husband and my eldest daughter who is nearly 19 are fine about migrating but my youngest daughter who is 16 is totally not interested and has said she wont be coming with us if we go. This is making me very anxious about the whole thing cause I just want her to be happy. My husband says she is just being stubborn and will come round!! She is convinced that she will have nothing to do! We recently had a wonderful holiday out there with my family and we didnt want to come back, but yep guess what my youngest couldnt wait!! Is there anyone out there that had a similar experience - please help ! I really dont want to give up on our dream x thank you xxxx

Im saying all this and we may not even get out there but I think Im having a bit of a panic attack about the whole thing xx thanks for listening and help me please ha x

Hello Gill and welcome

I sadly cant give you any advice on children not wanting the 'dream' but I did have a similar situation with my partner. I was always much more into wanting to start again in Oz than him. Even after a visit, he was still not fully on board. However after much talk and watching programmes I think he is begining to see it could be the making of us and we may actually be able to not struggle so much. I dont use the word 'Permanent' so much. I just keep reminding him that the UK is only a day away and we can always come back home. If he holds on to that thought he doesnt feel so confined to staying out there, although I am sure that once we arrive he will begin to see the benefits. Now, with all of these people on this website it doesnt feel so scary at all. There are so many Poms going out to Oz. I notice that so many have children who are around your daughters age. I am sure that if you keep in the loop, you and your family with be surrounded by friendly faces from the Uk to help you settle in. With plenty of handsome aussie boys over there, Im sure this may also have a positive effect on your daughter.

Best of luck. PM me if need to know anything else, Neil and I would be glad to help you through the jungle of immigration and family disputes.

Lisa:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Lisa for the advice and yes I am sure the girls will meet lots of Aussie boys!

Just hope I can get them on the plane! never mind when the time comes we will all need to make that big decision - do we go ? and I dont want to have any regrets because if we decide not to go my husband and I certainly will have regrets not going for it x

Guest tandcmum

well we are still thinking of moving to Perth, howeber i had to postpone my interview for WA health and now have it on 23rd february, i also have an interview for ramsay health too on 10th feb so hopefuully i will get something out of one of those two and we can get started. Thinking we might be looking more at beginning of 2010 than 2009 but still hopefully on the way

Guest michelledenham
me liz and three kids will be in perth soon dont know where yet but would love to meet uo

Hi there Paul, Liz and Kids.....

We too are heading to perth some time in the summer.. Around June....

We went in May08 for a rekkie holiday and loved the north of Perth.. We stayed in Quinns rock, but loved Kinross, hilarys, butler and Yancheap..

Are kids are Kiera who is 5yrs and Erin who is almost 3yrs old... I am a nurse and Jon (my husband) is a engineer..

We currently live in Essex, with the inlaws.. As we sold our house about 3months ago.. Stuff is in storage with a shipping company.. So just waiting for the visa's at the moment.

Good luck with your visa.. Have you got it already or are you waiting.... Have yopu been there already? Where did you stay? Do you know anyone out there?

Guest Victoria B

Hi, Yes i am moving to Perth on my own in 8 weeks. I'm going to be studying hairdressing on a student visa for 2 years, i would like to meet or get in touch with anyone doing the same, i'll be in Perth 31st March.

Many thanks

Victoria

Guest steveholmes

Im going to perth on me own in march09, been on other forums and lots of people in the same boat. Its a good social scene. Im

Guest steveholmes

Hi, Im flying out on MONDAY 9TH MARCH from Heathrow and going straight into perth. I have got a job with WA police and start at the accademy on 25 march for 3 months. Im just trying to sort out digs and arranging all my bits here. When do you fly over? Where abouts are you looking to stay?

Guest Victoria B

Hey Steve, Wow that sounds great! I am flying direct too and will be in Perth on the 31st. I start my college course end of April. I fortunately have friends in Perth that emigrated about 6 years ago so my first 2 weeks will be with them in the Northern suburb of Edgewater. I am then going to be looking for a centrally located apartment as my college is right in the centre of the city. I have a couple of Ozzie mates too so i'm lucky really although now its getting closer the thought of leaving is really scary.

So the police force? How come you chose to do that? Are you in something similar in the UK?

Vicky.

Hi... Fairly new to site, havnt been on for a while... we are Michelle (me) 30, Neil 27 and Mia almost 3!!!

OH just sent off Skills Assessment, Then we can apply for Visa's.

Coming over to Perth on a reccie 10th April for 2 weeks. Would love to get chatting with anyone in similar positions, or anyone who will be there in April and interested in a meet up.

xx

Guest steveholmes

Vicky

i am looking at living on the surrounding suburbs of the city round subiacco, claremont or round there. I am trying to sort out accomodation here but estate agents want you to be there before they start helping.

Sounds good for you and imagine be a busy month when you first get over there....

Ive been doing the police here and applied to go over there and its all fallen into place. I have to do 3months at police accademy so a lot of studying for me when I first get over there...... When I finish I will be working in freemantle so will always be near the sea.....

You got much to wind down here?

Hey Steve, Wow that sounds great! I am flying direct too and will be in Perth on the 31st. I start my college course end of April. I fortunately have friends in Perth that emigrated about 6 years ago so my first 2 weeks will be with them in the Northern suburb of Edgewater. I am then going to be looking for a centrally located apartment as my college is right in the centre of the city. I have a couple of Ozzie mates too so i'm lucky really although now its getting closer the thought of leaving is really scary.

So the police force? How come you chose to do that? Are you in something similar in the UK?

Vicky.

Archived