Reccomendations whilst visiting Sydney

Guest kylee1

Guest kylee1

Hi, My Husband, daughter and I will be arriving in Sydney a week on Saturday and will be there for 3 days. We would really like to go somewhere for a really special dinner on one of the days, but they would have to accept children as we have a 21 month old.Ideally we would like somewhere with great views of the harbour etc.Also if anyone has any other ideas on things we can do and family friendly places to go/eat that would be great.

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi there,

I was in Sydney in July and I'm trying to remember where we ate!

I remember the Darling Harbour area being really good for food. Some restaurants there weren't cheap and were a bit posh but there was plenty of choice - I'm sure you'll find somewhere nice there.

Regards,

Dan x

Really special is a dinner cruise - not sure about the baby though, although you could ask. The food is very nice but the views are to die for - spend 3 hours on the harbour as you eat your steak! Failing that, and if you take out a second mortgage, the Top of the Tower is good (think that is what it is called now)- revolving restaurant on the Tower - views to knock your socks off!

Guest kylee1

Thanks, Ive just been looking at a Sydney tourist website and both the harbour cruise and the revolving tower look amazing, and the prices are not too bad.

Both seem to cater for children as well so just got to choose one now!!

Hi! Totally agree with the other posts, Darling Harbour is ideal for famillies. There are pricey restaraunts close to the Sydney Aquarium and the Wildlife World ( both worth a look especially for your little one!), however there are lots of different types of restaraunts the whole way around Darling. Just walk round and take your pick! They will be more than happy to accomodate little ones you won't have to worry. Also there is a fabulous playground near the Powerhouse Museum and the Chinese Gardens of Friendship so your little one can run off some steam all within walking distance of the Harbour. Would thoroughly recommend Taronga Zoo for a great day out and you can catch a Ferry from Circular Quay straight to it, a great way to see the Harbour too! Hope you enjoy your stay Jo

Really special is a dinner cruise - not sure about the baby though, although you could ask. The food is very nice but the views are to die for - spend 3 hours on the harbour as you eat your steak! Failing that, and if you take out a second mortgage, the Top of the Tower is good (think that is what it is called now)- revolving restaurant on the Tower - views to knock your socks off!

Thats great fun up there in the revolving tower, just dont do what i done, put my handbag down on the wrong bit (yep the revolving bit) and when i looked for it it had gone & i had to go dashing after it !!!!!!!

Darling Harbour is great & does cater for families & also the Rocks are nice too.

theres a new wildlife center/zoo type thing opened up in darling harbour only in the last few weeks & heard is very good espec for children

have a great time

Thats great fun up there in the revolving tower, just dont do what i done, put my handbag down on the wrong bit (yep the revolving bit) and when i looked for it it had gone & i had to go dashing after it !!!!!!!

Sorry Ju....but....:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Deb xx

The first time we went to Sydney we went on a Magistic cruise and lunch which included sightseeing various locations including Sydney Harbour. Our son was 13 months at the time and they were very welcoming of him. See this link http://www.magisticcruises.com.au/sydney-harbour-cruises/lunch-cruises.asp another resturant we went to which is well worth it is South Steyne floating resturant, see this link http://www.southsteyne.com.au/home.htm Not the cheapest but well worth it!! Again they welcomed children.

For days out try Taronga Zoo http://www.zoo.nsw.gov.au/taronga-zoo.aspx we had a great day out and the boys loved it.

You could also try and have a look here http://www.therocks.com/sydney-Shopping-The_Rocks_Market.htm you can pick up some great bargins and treasures here and then lunch beside Circular Quay.

There really is so much to do in Sydney 3 days isnt enough. I am sure that you will have a great time.

Deb xx

Guest beverley

definately have dinner at the top of centre point tower! i went for lunch up there few years ago and it was so amazing and they take your photo up there. it would be soo exiciting for the kids.

I would reccomend the aquarium in sydney too it was really interesting and they have a rock pool area so you can touch some on the creatures! I loved sydney great places to eat and shops and there is a sky railway. You can get the ferry from sydney over to manly which was where i lived for abit and thats lovely too! Im definately popping over there when we move over. Planning to live in perth but wont to do a spot of sight seeing first!

Archived