families meds finalised but not mine

debbie.rn

hi all

status page changed yesterday to all meds/bloods recieved.

then it says that the others are finalised but mine are still outstanding!

i am the main app.

i am a 'B' they where 'A's'....i got all reports checks needed before the meds were sent off...so i am hoping there is not a problem.

i understand that they will have been sent off but does anyone know how long they take to get back to my CO?

will i be told that they have gone to HOC?

any reasurance is VERY appreciated!!!!!!!!!

debbie

p.s it is a 457..i am a nurse (dont know if it will make a difference)

Guest Andy and Tracy

Hiya, my husbands and my sons took 2 weeks longer to be finalised and they were fine. My son has a slight heart murmur and husband had a chest infection which he didn't realise at the time which had shown up on the X-Ray.

Then their's just showed up as finalised too. They obviously sent them off to get them double checked. Unless you have TB or AIDS, or a serious chronic condition I wouldn't worry, but that's easier said than done isn't it?!

Best of luck with it.

Tracy

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Debbie

I typed a reply to you earlier, told the machine to submit and got told "cannot find server." My earlier literary effort has therefore been irretrievably lost. :realmad:

So - try again.

All of your family's meds were sent to the HOC in Sydney at the same time.

Where the Panel Doctor has ticked Box A on Form 26, the admin staff at the HOC can process the files and provide the medical clearance for the migrant by themselves.

Where the Panel Doctor has ticked Box B, the HOC staff are required to forward the relevant meds files to the Medical Officer of the Commonwealth for an Opinion about whether or not the visa applicant meets the health criteria for migration to Oz.

The Health Assessment Service is a group of Government doctors in Sydney. They provide the MOC function in relation to offshore visa applications. Files sent by the HOC take about 10 days to surface at the offices of HAS. The relevant MOC doctor then sends the file back to the HOC with instructions to issue Form 884 saying that the health requirement is met/not met. The HOC produce Form 884 and send it to the CO.

If the MOC doctor requires more information, the meds are marked Deferred pending receipt of the further information.

I would give it another 4 weeks or so. If your status page remains unchanged then, I would suggest that you e-mail the HOC at that point and ask what the state of play is:

Health Operations Centre

The good news is that when meds have been referred to the MOC and the MOC has given unconditional meds clearance, the Initial Entry Date is usually 12 months after the date on Form 884 instead of 12 months from the date of the Panel Doctor's signature on Form 26. So the delay with your meds should give the whole family that bit of extra time before you have to make your Initial Entry to Oz.

Best wishes

Gill

thankyou for the responses especially you Gill for re typing it all for me:notworthy:

i shall just have to wait a bit longer then..i am sure it will be fine in the end.

my panel doc wouldnt send my meds off until i had everything he thought the immi folks would want...cardiologist report /ecg even a letter from my gp coz i boke my ankle in december and needed an op...he was very thourough!!!

again thanks

debbie

Hi,

Mine and hubbys were both A's and mine took another 14 days before it showed finalised against hubbys whcih just went through straight away. I wouldn't worry too much at this stage and give it at least another 2 weeks to see if it updates then.

Hi,

sorry to jump on this thread, but can I ask-how long it takes between the meds being received in Sydney to when the status changes on the enquiry page on the immi web sight?

Mines been weeks, but nothing!

They were signed for in Sydney-I have the DHL tracking details.

Thanks again.

Ours were about 8 weeks total from posting in UK to changing status. The wait seems to vary anywhere between 4 and 8 weeks for them to be cleared. Given that people aren't complainng about the delays at the moment on here, I woudl expect it to be around the 6 week mark.

Guest The Hoys hoping.........

My meds were sent for future processing three weeks ago now( according to the C/O).

I sent a really nice email, asking for an update, I got a really snotty email back from her basically telling me to p**s off.:sad:

I appreciate they are busy people and have many many cases to deal with but I was really shocked.

I think they forget that waiting for a decision is a really anxious time....needless to say I sent another email back.........still really nice and polite, hopefully she will respond more postitively this time!

Here's hoping anyway!

Archived