Current 457 processing times??

Guest guest17301

Meds and police checks are valid for 12 months

Thanks,

Would it be worth getting them done now while i wait for sponsor to be approved? I imagine it would speed things up when i apply for visa but don't want to shell out just incase they are rejected. Has anyone been in that situation?

Also, does my wife have to have the meds and police check done?

Andy

Thanks,

Would it be worth getting them done now while i wait for sponsor to be approved? I imagine it would speed things up when i apply for visa but don't want to shell out just incase they are rejected. Has anyone been in that situation?

Also, does my wife have to have the meds and police check done?

Andy

Hiya, we were told to as it would save time. But then again they would say that as they were not paying for it.

Both hubby, myself and our daughter were required to undergo medicals. So yes you're wife will require a medical & police check too. :cute:

Guest guest17301
Hello again!

I've just rang my doctor to book medical and they haven't got a clue what needs doing! Is there a definitive list of things that must be done for a 457 medical?

Andy

Andy, you can't just go to your own GP, it has to be a 'panel doctor' approved by immigration. Have a look on the australian immigration website for the list.

hi me and my husband have just found a sponsor my husband is a plasterer we are sending emails between trying to sort things out its the not knowing that is doing my head in heidi is talking to the sponsor to let him know what is involved so from the begining to the end does any one know what the time length is from start to finish thanks

The process took a month for me, but that was including over a week where my x-ray hadn't been sent (due to the hospital getting confused here) and some time where the HOC in Sydney said they didn't have the x-rays. So if all goes smoothly maybe as little as 1-2 weeks.

we are goinng to perth we are a family of 4 do we wait to hear from the agent to see what happens next we have not been told to have any medicals or police checks done yet not sure what toi do now its a guessing game our sponsor is waiting what to do next

Hello again!

I've just rang my doctor to book medical and they haven't got a clue what needs doing! Is there a definitive list of things that must be done for a 457 medical?

Andy

Hi, there are specific practises which carry out these. Not every doctors surgery provides this service.There is list somewhere to outline these.

Which area do you live in? We are in the west midlands so used Handsworth Wood in Birmingham.

Hopefully someone will be able to provide you with the list on this site. It maybe on the government website, can't remember now. Sorry!

Guest mcihellem

hi fiona,

i've just accepted a job at rph for start in july and they will sponsor me. can i ask, apart from the waiting time, how straightforward is the process? have noticed that some people going on a 457 are using agents and assumed (maybe wrongly) that as prh sponsors lots of folk, the process would be quite straightforward and i could fill out the visa myself (not being as in depth and complicated as visas for pr). also thought that the hospital would be used to dealing with all these issues and be quite helpful. i've only just accepted the offer so not got any info through about how to start this process and now a little concerned its complicated! thanks,

Michelle

Guest guest17301
hi fiona,

i've just accepted a job at rph for start in july and they will sponsor me. can i ask, apart from the waiting time, how straightforward is the process? have noticed that some people going on a 457 are using agents and assumed (maybe wrongly) that as prh sponsors lots of folk, the process would be quite straightforward and i could fill out the visa myself (not being as in depth and complicated as visas for pr). also thought that the hospital would be used to dealing with all these issues and be quite helpful. i've only just accepted the offer so not got any info through about how to start this process and now a little concerned its complicated! thanks,

Michelle

Hi Michelle

How exciting someone else going to the same place as me!!

What ward will you be on?

So far it's been very straightforward, the hospital are good with communications and reply to emails promptly. I would say you definitely don't need an agent but maybe others will disagree? I've started the visa application but waiting on some docs to attach so not submitted yet. It seems simple enough I think.

Once you get your nomination approved immi send you an email with instructions on what to do and an email address for any queries (specific to healthcare professionals)

Good luck and keep in touch xx

Guest mcihellem

Hi Fiona,

Thanks for getting back to me so soon and putting my mind at ease too. I thought it would be relativlely straightforward tho i realise everyone is in different situations.

I don't know what ward i'll be in yet, i applied through the graduate program and got offered a start in March but that was a bit soon as have few things to sort out here 1st. So when they offered me July, I accepted as gives me more time. Have only just verbally accepted so not got any more information yet about wards, rotations etc.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you and you settle in well. No doubt i'll check in with you. Take care

Michelle

I only used an agent as my company paid for one to do the process for me. It all seemed pretty straight-forward though; I'm sure you can do it yourself.

Archived