Very strange ideas about what OZ is like.

Guest ozboy

From reading this and other immigration forums alot of people who have never been to OZ before have some very strange ideas about what OZ is like. Alot of people seems to think,

Its 40c degrees every day,

It Never rains,

Theres no crime but the biggest danger in deadly snakes , spiders and crocs which are crawling all over your suburban back yard waiting for a chance to jump out and kill you.

You can spend more time with your family downunder because people don't work anywhere as near long hours as in the UK.

You can buy a four bedroom house with a pool on the beach for $200,000.

Neighbours and Home and away are accurate representations of what life downunder in like.

Ayres Rock and the outback is about 1 hours drive outside Sydney and its takes a few hours to drive from Perth to Adelaide.

Theres no mountains or hills in OZ the countrysides all flat.

If you go swimming in the ocean theres a pack of sharks just waiting there to eat you , sharks are the biggest danger at he beach not getting caught in a rip and drowning.

Because of the hole in the ozone layer over OZ people can't leave their houses during the day or they drop dead of skin cancer.

Apart from Sydney theres no sealed roads in OZ only dusty run down dirt roads and you need to drive a 4wheel drive to get around.

Bring lots of bottled water with you its not safe to drink the water in OZ.

Anyone else heard any strange things people have said about OZ?

I was thinking of doing a thread along the same lines of this too..:wubclub:

People think life will be the same as the UK, its not.

All the supermarkets sell all the same products and stuff as in the UK, they dont.

there must other forums who need members why dont you go and give your wisdom to them but i do feel you have a problem seek help.

Meoww......:biglaugh:

No, Ive got me a 1/4 acre Plasma TV being delivered and Im the only one allowed to sign for it.

Ive left the tools for the labourer to load up so I can stay here and annoy you lot alllll day....:twitcy:

there must other forums who need members why dont you go and give your wisdom to them but i do feel you have a problem seek help.

Obviously your a sad person with so sense of humour. l won't be posting in this forum again if there people like you here.

Guest Scardycat
Obviously your a sad person with so sense of humour. l won't be posting in this forum again if there people like you here.

Don't let people like that put you off!!! I thought it was funny and had the makings of a good thread. :wubclub:

LOL nothing wrong with the OP from my pov either.

Add to it

There are no immigrants in Australia

Australians have a wonderful sense of humour

Australians only cook on the bbq

Everyone lives on the beach

A swimming pool is an essential for every Australian home

Kangaroos hop down the main street (oh, wait, that isnt a misconception after all!)

Don't let people like that put you off!!! I thought it was funny and had the makings of a good thread. :wubclub:

Thanks, even if he thinks my thread/post was stupid theres no need for him to personaly insult me.:wacko:

Guest Scardycat
Thanks, even if he thinks my thread/post was stupid theres no need for him to personaly insult me.:wacko:

Agree, but rise above it, some people arent worth worrying about:skeptical:

Sorry mate, but I think Ozboy's thread is spot on and very funny

Keep it up Ozboy, your posts are always valid and informative and worthwhile so just ignore this persons response.

Lyn

Guest moonraker1961

Ozboy:Re the sharks?I would'nt be too complacent when it comes to swimming in the ocean.Anyone with abit of sense would probably avoid swimming anywhere where there are not safety nets!!! If we don't hear from you at some stage in the future?????????lol

Well when landing in Brisbane I thought I would see lots of lovely beaches, I was quite amazed to see so many high rise buildings there and even more amazed to see all those big bill boards like in America :twitcy:

And you think you were joking Ozboy:biglaugh:

Ozboy:Re the sharks?I would'nt be too complacent when it comes to swimming in the ocean.Anyone with abit of sense would probably avoid swimming anywhere where there are not safety nets!!! If we don't hear from you at some stage in the future?????????lol

Ive snorkeled quite a bit around the coast of Vic where the Great White frequents and never got bit once....not that I know of anyway....:cute:

just woke confused about private E-mail post deleted? as I have not posted lately. Now have found out that my teenage son has found it is a laugh to wind people up sorry ozboy.now have changed pass word to comp.

Right........no worries.....stay off the grog.....:biglaugh:

Yes stay away from the beach go to the public pool instead it's so much safer! There your only swimming in other people urine!!!!!

just woke confused about private E-mail post deleted? as I have not posted lately. Now have found out that my teenage son has found it is a laugh to wind people up sorry ozboy.now have changed pass word to comp.

Apology accepted.

Archived