Moving back home

Guest the_zings

We've only been here 6 weeks so you are doing better than us! Hubby has to stay here for 3yrs but I am heading back to UK at the beginning of 2010 as our eldest child is due to start school in Sept 2010. If I could, I would leave tommorow but that would mean being separated from my hubby for 3yrs - 18mths is the compromise.

I'm counting the days!

I felt the same as you at 6 weeks. It sways for me, sometimes I think I could manage here and other times I'd get on a plane home tomorrow!!!!

Like you, I've set a date in mind for going back and setting it all up for the kids to start school (Sept 2009).

My hubby is happy here and would stay the two years so we've yet to decide if I go back and he'll follow after a year.

Please do keep checking in and let us know how you're doing.

Guest the_zings
I felt the same as you at 6 weeks. It sways for me, sometimes I think I could manage here and other times I'd get on a plane home tomorrow!!!!

Like you, I've set a date in mind for going back and setting it all up for the kids to start school (Sept 2009).

My hubby is happy here and would stay the two years so we've yet to decide if I go back and he'll follow after a year.

Please do keep checking in and let us know how you're doing.

Thanks jenki - it's nice to know someone is in a similar situation. I am so envious of you being able to go back next year tho'!

Keep in touch!

I felt jus tthe same as you when I arrived ...that feeling never left and now Im returning 2 years down the line.If I can give any advice its try to make the most of it while you are here. Now you have decided to move back try to let it go and enjoy your time....you may even start to like it....but if you constantly think of going back it will drive you nuts.

I hope you enjoy your time here and get back to where you want to be.

In the mean time just be happy.

Guest the_zings
I felt jus tthe same as you when I arrived ...that feeling never left and now Im returning 2 years down the line.If I can give any advice its try to make the most of it while you are here. Now you have decided to move back try to let it go and enjoy your time....you may even start to like it....but if you constantly think of going back it will drive you nuts.

I hope you enjoy your time here and get back to where you want to be.

In the mean time just be happy.

Thanks for the advice. You are so right - I will try to make the most of it, for our childrens sake if nothing else. Good luck with your move and if you have any tips regarding furniture removals etc, do let me know.

Guest Marie & David

Dear The Zings

it's great to hear your thoughts on OZ, after reading all you have writen and others, I think I will be making a back up plan, just as a safety net, you are right about the shopping and history, I live 15 mins from Bath, 5 mins from Lacock so all I am use to is shopping and history it's on my door step, I wonder how I will manage!

I wish you luck coming back from Oz, and at least you've done it, and you don't have to say what if?

Marie

Guest TheBrowningFamily

Hi, Just to say we arrived back in the UK on 1st July after 5 months in Oz...After 3 months there we decided we LOVED it and put down a deposit on some land etc, yet only a short 5 weeks later we decided it was not for us, the novelty had worn off I think!

Anyhow, we settled back into life here immediatly, found jobs and a cottage to rent very fast (within 2 weeks we had started our jobs!) Got the kids back into there old school/playgroup and have never felt so happy and smugly contented in all our lifes..as we now know the grass is not greener for us anywhere else! Also, we now have baby number 3 on the way!!!

Life is GREAT!

BTW it cost us $7,000 for sole use of a 20ft container, BUT all our stuff was damaged and we are having one hell of a time with the removal company who are big over there, hence us going with them, they are now not responding to emails or phone calls, any ideas any one! Have threatened to contact Queensland Trading standards and AFRA, so hopefully that will give them a kick up the backside!

Hi, Just to say we arrived back in the UK on 1st July after 5 months in Oz...After 3 months there we decided we LOVED it and put down a deposit on some land etc, yet only a short 5 weeks later we decided it was not for us, the novelty had worn off I think!

Anyhow, we settled back into life here immediatly, found jobs and a cottage to rent very fast (within 2 weeks we had started our jobs!) Got the kids back into there old school/playgroup and have never felt so happy and smugly contented in all our lifes..as we now know the grass is not greener for us anywhere else! Also, we now have baby number 3 on the way!!!

Life is GREAT!

BTW it cost us $7,000 for sole use of a 20ft container, BUT all our stuff was damaged and we are having one hell of a time with the removal company who are big over there, hence us going with them, they are now not responding to emails or phone calls, any ideas any one! Have threatened to contact Queensland Trading standards and AFRA, so hopefully that will give them a kick up the backside!

I was wondering how you got on...glad you are back and happy. We where the same as you in we Bought land 4 weeks after we arrived....2 years later(almost) and my house isnt finished yet...you will be glad you got out ha.

Sorry about the container dont have any advice ...we are using oceansky hope its not the same company lol....anyway glad you are all back and happy ...will be us in 7 WEEKS :jiggy:

Guest the_zings

Life is GREAT!

Which company did you use? Pm if you'd prefer. Did you pack it all yourself for that price?

I'm so jealous that you are home already - I'm not sure how I'm gonna cope for the next 17 months.

Archived