Your Kind Advice Please on Tax payable under 457 Visa

Guest crystalrose

Guest crystalrose

Hi Guys

Does anybody know the rate of tax my OH will pay on a 457 Visa his salary is going to be $70,00 PA. decducting 1.5% of that of course for Private Medical Care

I have checked out the tax website but got a bit confused (does not take a lot to confuse me):spinny:

Worrying I think it is going to be really tight in Perth on this salary I strongly suspect a high tax code as well:-(

Thank you as always for any help or advice!!!

Hi Guys

Does anybody know the rate of tax my OH will pay on a 457 Visa his salary is going to be $70,00 PA. decducting 1.5% of that of course for Private Medical Care

I have checked out the tax website but got a bit confused (does not take a lot to confuse me):spinny:

Worrying I think it is going to be really tight in Perth on this salary I strongly suspect a high tax code as well:-(

Thank you as always for any help or advice!!!

hi you dont pay medicare levy on a 457 visa because you get a reciprocal agreement being a uk citizen

Mally

Guest crystalrose
Income Tax Calculator - Yahoo!7 Money Matters

Hi, I came across this previously on the forum (think it was Pinhead who posted). We are in the process of getting our 457 visa to go to Perth also. Hope this is of help to you, it's a start anyway.

Hi Thank you for that I have a real problem with my computer at the moment although I have the Flach Player required already installed it says I have not so I could not get into the link.

Thank you for your help, when are you off to Perth and what part are you looking at going?

Guest crystalrose
hi you dont pay medicare levy on a 457 visa because you get a reciprocal agreement being a uk citizen

Mally

Hi

Thank you for your interesting reply, my OH company has arranged Private Medical Care which we have to pay 1.5% PA decuted from OH salary it covers all the family I think it even covers some dental work or a percentage they stated it was something we would need. To be honest I have no idea about Medicare?

Hi

Thank you for your interesting reply, my OH company has arranged Private Medical Care which we have to pay 1.5% PA decuted from OH salary it covers all the family I think it even covers some dental work or a percentage they stated it was something we would need. To be honest I have no idea about Medicare?

Medicare is the govt healthcare system you pay a 1.5 % levy on your income when you have pr , you don`t pay on a 457, your employer or agent nuct provide health cover for you on a 457. Oh a nurse and her contract says that they do not pay ut we have the medicare reciprocal cover. We have talked about private health cover to migrants who have been here years and found a small percentage have private health insurance. A friend of ours had insurance on a 457 and it was about $380 a month they have just been granted pr the company have quoted $120

If you are sponsored you can claim your expenses on your tax flights, shipping your belongings , even reccy expenses if you had one.

Mally

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DonUnder

It seems to me that working out your tax on a 457 visa is not straight forward as there is no tax free allowance...but you can get the LAFHA. That's my understanding anyway. I'm hopefully going to be chatting with a tax advisor next week on this before I head off next weekend.

It's a bit disconcerting not being certain what your take home pay is going to be.

It seems to me that working out your tax on a 457 visa is not straight forward as there is no tax free allowance...but you can get the LAFHA. That's my understanding anyway. I'm hopefully going to be chatting with a tax advisor next week on this before I head off next weekend.

It's a bit disconcerting not being certain what your take home pay is going to be.

You get the same tax allowance as every aussie tax payer the lafha is up to your employer and is a bit of a minefield.??????????????????????But save all your movin expenses flight tickets rekky expenses if b4 july this year you can claim tax back on them next june we have been here since feb and got a nice few bob back.If you look in the yellow pages ther are pages fullof taxagents its paye jim but not as we know it!

Mally

Guest DonUnder
You get the same tax allowance as every aussie tax payer the lafha is up to your employer and is a bit of a minefield.??????????????????????

Really? See, now this is why i'm gettong professional advice! hehe

Archived