Driest August in Perth

ali

For those heading for Perth and worried about the weather:

Apparently, according to the West Australian, Perth has recorded it's lowest rainfall since 1978 for the month of august. It was also reported that the winter rainfall of 349mm was well below the average of 482mm

Its not been too bad over here either Ali, it as rained a little this last few days on and off but its always at night when im in bed anyway,lol, i can handle that .

It has definately got warmer quickly,no heaters or fires here last night ,in fact clients and kids were in the pool yesterday ,,roll on summer!!!!

Cal x

Guest The Pom Queen

Well Melbourne has just stated it has been the coldest winter in 10 years, however, they do say that Spring and Summer are going to be above average. Well it's the first day of spring and I haven't seen any change yet.

Well the 1st day of Spring and somebody switched on the heaters overnight, it is one beautiful glorious sunny day today, I think we have turned a corner heatwise that is! Whoohoooo:yes:

Apparently, according to the West Australian, Perth has recorded it's lowest rainfall since 1978 for the month of august. It was also reported that the winter rainfall of 349mm was well below the average of 482mm

That's not good is it Ali? I bet the water shortages will really suffer .

How have you adapted to using less water in Oz ?

It must have been quite difficult at first .I know things like not having batths , turning the taps off when brushing teeth , filling up the washing machine , oh and my lovely garden flowers are really going to be obstacles to overcome , but i'm sure we'll manage .I'll have to hover aroung the kids trying to change their water habits!:spinny:

Guest Pinhead

Earlswood's never around when you need him, lol.

I think SE England has had Perth's share of Aug rain, it absolutely tipped down yesterday.

Guest earlswood

ahhhhh, but it has also had it's wettest and coldest March and April on record.

ahhhhh, but it has also had it's wettest and coldest March and April on record.

That is good news Earlswood, for a moment there i thought we were going to have some serious water issues. Water is so valuable and yes i know what you are about to say:

'well your gonna be very rich then!'

Or words to that effect and that's all good for us!

Guest moonraker1961

I'd rather live with some rain then live with a drought!Don't ever take the rain for granted.Its what keeps us all alive!

Archived