Getting So Fustrated ... Still Waiting for 175 Visa

Rorrisons

We lodged our 175 MODL visa (hubby a bricklayer) application online through Overseas Emigration agents 5th January 2008 and still waiting for a case officer, never mind THE visa. I have noticed that lots of people on here who lodged their 175 MODL application visas around the same time or even later have at least a case officer by now, most seem to have their visa by now (congrats to all). We frontloaded our medicals and police checks so at least that wont hold us back when we eventually get a case officer.

Really happy for those guys who have their CO/visa BUT I feel like we are the only ones who still haven't progressed and keep getting fobbed off by our agent who has said that case officers/visas are appointed in date order and dealing with applications sent end November at the moment and that everyone on here who have said that they have a case officer/visa already are basically lying !!! :arghh:

Is there anyone else who lodged their application January or earlier and still waiting - would be good to have a moan with someone other than my husband (I am driving him mad!) and if anyone who already have their CO/visa when their lodged their application after 5th January could share their experience or give any tips to speed things up would be fantastic. Just feel that our agent has our £4,000 fee now and not bothered about doing anything.

Many thanks in advance, sorry for moaning, enjoy the rest of your evening.:daydreaming:

Amanda xx

Hello Amanda,

Poor you! Well, I haven't even lodged my application yet so I have no idea how you are feeling! However, reading other threads and people's stories I really don't think it's as simple as a date order thing. From my understanding some applications are investigated longer than others for whatever reason. Not saying that these applications have problems, they just require the DIAC to look in to them further.

Someone on here said that it seems as though they throw a pile of applications up in the air and then deal with them how they land!

I think it will be any day for you now, so just hang on in there.

Sorry I can't be any help. One day I will be in your shoes!

Fingers crossed.

Kate

and if anyone who already have their CO/visa when their lodged their application after 5th January could share their experience or give any tips to speed things up would be fantastic.

Amanda xx

hi amanda feel exactly the same way - we lodged our application 24th dec and still no sign of a co. i would also appreciate any tips or advice to speed things up but unfortunately i dont think there is much that others can tell us - think it is the luck of the draw. it is so frustrating as there are many people who lodged after us that have their visas but my agent (who has been great by the way) says she cannot chase it up as the official line is htat they are upto 21nov for E lodged applicants. anyone who thinks we can chase please advise - thank you.

but listen amanda it cant be far off for us lot now - i know some people are still waiting from before us as well so just keep thinking how they must be feeling! and hopefully the immigration dept will start issueing those visas in date order as is only fair.

all the very best and good luck (you better not get yours before me lol)

sjs

Guest Andy and Tracy
hi amanda feel exactly the same way - we lodged our application 24th dec and still no sign of a co. i would also appreciate any tips or advice to speed things up but unfortunately i dont think there is much that others can tell us - think it is the luck of the draw. it is so frustrating as there are many people who lodged after us that have their visas but my agent (who has been great by the way) says she cannot chase it up as the official line is htat they are upto 21nov for E lodged applicants. anyone who thinks we can chase please advise - thank you.

but listen amanda it cant be far off for us lot now - i know some people are still waiting from before us as well so just keep thinking how they must be feeling! and hopefully the immigration dept will start issueing those visas in date order as is only fair.

all the very best and good luck (you better not get yours before me lol)

sjs

Hi,

We e-lodged our application on 12th December 07 and had a C/O appointed either on the 14th July or 1st August! I say that because our Agent contacted us on the 1st August to say a C/O was appointed, but when we checked the progress of our application online at Department of Immigration and Citizenship, it stated that they had appointed someone on the 14th July. We keep checking every day and it is taking over our lives. At least checking gives us something to look up each day! Have you tried it? You need your Transaction Reference Number (from your Agent if they submitted your application),Passport Number and the date your application was submitted. It then tells you where they are with your application and what they are waiting for. They have only requested our police checks so far - that was over a month ago and still nothing heard since. Do you remember though that they allocated an extra 50,000 places to Brits last year in addition to their usual annual quota- so we are assuming that we have got caught up in that backlog.

We are going for a 175 Skilled Independent Visa - husband is a bricklayer. Hope something happens for you soon. We keep trying not to get excited, but you can't help it, can you??

Best wishes to all.

Tracy

hi,I felt the same way, we lodged ours 28th feb 08, along with police checks and then did medicals in April.I was so frustrated i carnt tell you, but i did ring london to see if they could shed any light.We have just had our 175 visa granted 21st Aug (our golden ticket) and we were not aware we had even got a case officer, we were told by london that as we had everthing in place, once a case officer had got it ,it would be quick and by god i was so shocked to see it had been granted as we had just returned from a holiday from hell,it was just what we needed.I was emailing our migration expert every week having a real moan and she assured us as soon as she had news she would let us know and she did excatly that,hope this helps you

Hi Amanda

Can only imagine how frustrating the wait must be - you only have to look at my timeline to see that our visa was lodged 2 months after you and we have just had ours granted. Not wanting to rub it in, sorry.

There does not seem to be any pattern to the way they issue visas; I do know however, that our agent was in regular weekly contact with the immigration guys, so maybe this helped things along a bit? Or maybe we were just very very lucky. We didnt even get notification of our CO, just went straight to our visa grant.

Have you checked your online status yourselves?

I kept doing this, even though we were using an agent, and after having our meds done, things started moving pretty quickly.

Can only keep fingers crossed for you, but would be tempted to go back to your agent and just point out that to them that their suggestion that they are still only processing from November is slightly misguided - honest, I'm not lying, I've got my visa grant right here!

Good luck.

Guest SarahandJon

Hi Guys,

completely sympathise with you there....we applied for 176 on 19th September 2007 and are still waiting! We went to the decision maker on 1st August so we must be so close!

Good luck everyone!

Thank you for your replies, congratulations on those who have got their case officer or visa quicker and sorry for those who are still waiting - I know how you feel. I rung my agent today ranting that case officers are not dealing with applications in date order, apparently up to 21st November at the moment, but he did say there are about 5 different teams dealing with big piles of applications given to them and we must be in a team that previous applications are more complicated so taking longer to go down their pile than other teams, if that makes sense. Can get my head round this a little, we are obviously in the slowest pile but why give each team a different batch, why not all teams take an application from a central pile to make it fair. Anyway, good luck to all those still waiting and I will let you know when I hear anything myself.

Regards

Amanda

Hi Guys,

completely sympathise with you there....we applied for 176 on 19th September 2007 and are still waiting! We went to the decision maker on 1st August so we must be so close!

Good luck everyone!

And I have been moaning, fingers crossed wont be long for you now, let us know how you get on xx

Archived