sponsor wanted for ground worker with excuvater skills

Guest wiccanwitch

Guest wiccanwitch

we are looking for sponsorship over in aus dosnt matter were we are in australia

as long as we are there i can send cv with email

i have well over 12 yrs expr in my line of work which has mostly been utilites work

also have cscs card and plant ticket too ecxuvater and dumper too

please pm me i will be happy to forward cv

Guest sheena

ok, worth i try i thought as i know lots and lots of recruitment agencies advertise on there!

goodluck

sheena :wubclub:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi have you had any luck finding sponsorship, i may know a company who are looking for people in your field it would probably be in the mining industry would this be any good?

Liz Griff

we are looking for sponsorship over in aus dosnt matter were we are in australia

as long as we are there i can send cv with email

i have well over 12 yrs expr in my line of work which has mostly been utilites work

also have cscs card and plant ticket too ecxuvater and dumper too

please pm me i will be happy to forward cv

Guest wiccanwitch

hi liz scotts love is the mines he wanted to do it over here take after his dad but when it come to him leaving school and going down caverton pit maggie thatcher had decided to close them so he lost out but no he would love that

catch me on msn susanjeffery1@hotmail.com

• 1 year later...
Guest savannahblu

hi how did you get on with your application for oz as a groundworker? i am in a similar boat and would appreciate any advice

thx:wink:

excavator operator is not on the skills list if u want to get in uill have to apply as a drainer thats the nearest thing to a ground worker on the list / best idea is to contact a migration agent to keep u on the right track .

if u do get in uill have to resit all ur excavator tickets here for ozzie ones / and do a hr licence. 90 dollars an hour for between 10 and 12 lessons as most companies wont employ u without it / and an excavator competency ticket at 375 dollars ./ and blue card 100 dollars .../

not cheep but theres plenty of work for digger drivers here in perth

cheers keily ..

For the mining industry you need more than a ticket; you need the competancy as well (the names vary from state to state, here in QLD you need one called MNMOLH301A for metalliferous open-cut, or MNCO1013A for coal open cut, plus various others like Operate Light Vehicle, Operate Medium Vehicle, Apply Pit Management Plan etc, and your generics too).

A lot of contract companies will not take you on unless you have the competancy already, which you can't get unless a trainer/assessor does it with you on a site. The mining industry likes its catch-22 situations big time - there are companies who claim to be able to train you up in a week in exchange for lots of money, but to put it in perspective the training that BMA gives its haul truck operators (which are one of the easier things to operate on site) lasts many months, some of those companies stick you in a simulator and churn you out with a certificate and are regarded very dubiously by potential employers.

(I've just had tremendous fun trying to get a drill rig on a site when, halfway through a job they suddenly decided that we needed the competancy for drilling blast holes in coal, even though we weren't drilling blastholes, and were nowhere near the pit. Sometimes I really wonder why anyone wants to go into this industry)

• 3 months later...
Guest bradley&co

Hi, this sounds interesting. I was told by a migration agent that my partner who is ground worker does not meet the criteria to apply for a visa, neither would we get any points for his skills with myself as the main applicant. He has his excavator 360 ticket, dumper, confined spaces, abrasive wheels, CSCS, and NVQ Level 2 Ground Working. Do you think it would be wise to get his skills assessed to see if he meets any criteria of the current SOL Llist to see if we can get any points for him.

We are looking at moving to Perth, what is the work situation over there. Currently my partner has employment, however he was unemployed for a year due to no work, and others wanting to exploit the situation offering him too little money. Although, his current job is not much better. He thinks if we move he will be the house husband looking after the kids, however i have other ideas.

Your advice and views would be appreciated Zoe.

Archived