Victoria Driving License Question - What Id needed?

markry

Hi - We will be moving out to Victoria in November and would like to arrange for delivery of our new car shortly after. However, apparently, this is much easier with a Victorian driving license. The question I have is what identification is required to get a license - obviously I will have my passport and UK license but I'm not sure if I need some proof of address as well - this would be a problem as we are in a holiday rental for the first month. Any advice from someone who has been through the process would be greatly appreciated!

Guest Andy Thomas
Hi - We will be moving out to Victoria in November and would like to arrange for delivery of our new car shortly after. However, apparently, this is much easier with a Victorian driving license. The question I have is what identification is required to get a license - obviously I will have my passport and UK license but I'm not sure if I need some proof of address as well - this would be a problem as we are in a holiday rental for the first month. Any advice from someone who has been through the process would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Markry

With the introduction of new rules by Vic Roads with regards to identification when registering a new vehicle the easiest way as you say is to obtain your Victorian driver's license first. We have accommodation which is let temporarily to migrants and as the landlord I often provide a short letter confirming that the guest/migrant will or has been occupying the property from whatever date. The fact that it is temporary is irrelavent. Ask your property owner to do the same and you should be fine regarding the Driver's License. Once you have the license, registration of the car is simple.

Regards, Andy

P.S. Was it you who contacted us this week? Small world!

Guest itskaren

Hi I live in melbourne and recently had my Vic licence. We had to make an appointment and show our UK licence and rental contract. that was it! I think it cost $40.

Hope this helps!

Archived