Building In North Lakes

Guest Susan_H

Guest Susan_H

Hello! I'm a newby.........looking for a friend :wideeyed:

Is there anyone out there living on North Lakes already who can give me some advice?

We came back from visiting Brisbane earlier this year and decided to buy some land on NL, however I now have a couple of North Lakes questions (bit late I know)! We have 2 children who we are hoping to get in the State College so we will be needing rent on North Lakes when we arrive later this year - Is rent on NL hard to come by- what documentation/paperwork would we need?

Few generic panic questions ::goofy:

Is living on North Lakes all it's portrayed to be?

Do you find it difficult getting to work and back?

Are house prices on North Lakes going down at the moment?

Any info on living on North Lakes would be appreciated - thank you in advance

Guest lizzie2beac

hi Susan

I Can't anwser your questions but would love to know the anwsers. We are moving to the North lakes area in January. We have just returned from holiday in brisbane, we visited the state college and viewed the North lake show homes this was our 2nd visit their and have decided thats where we would all like to settle. We have 3 daughters aged 15 ,11 and 23 months so 2 of the girls will attend the school. we have the same questions about renting as we too will be renting at first.

We have just sold our house so all is looking good for january.

good luck with everything

Lizzie & Jason

Guest Chrissy
hi Susan

I Can't anwser your questions but would love to know the anwsers. We are moving to the North lakes area in January. We have just returned from holiday in brisbane, we visited the state college and viewed the North lake show homes this was our 2nd visit their and have decided thats where we would all like to settle. We have 3 daughters aged 15 ,11 and 23 months so 2 of the girls will attend the school. we have the same questions about renting as we too will be renting at first.

We have just sold our house so all is looking good for january.

good luck with everything

Lizzie & Jason

Yes, we too are moving to Nth lakes in jan, I have a 3 year old girl who loved it there, I just cant wait to move there, we just cant sell our house, so we may have to rent as well. Are you getting nervous about the big move with your young kids? I felt it was the best place in brissie for kids, dont you? the schools looked great as well as the shops etc. Please someone buy our house!!!

Guest donovan

Hiya Chrissy, if you need any help finding a rental pm me, as I am relocating quite a few families to the North Lakes area.

Sarah x

Guest lizzie2beac

Hi Chrissy yes very nervous but excited.Good luck with selling house. really awful time to sale were gutted with the loss we have on our house. But new start new life and can't wait.

Lizzie

Hi Susan, house sales in the area have slowed down, and not moving as quick as 3 - 6 months ago especially the 500k plus ones, interest rates not coming down and migrants getting less for the pound, people are not jumping into buying too quickly at the moment.

As for living on North Lakes, an average day today. My sons Soccer break up, a treasure hunt, a bbq. football with the kids a few beers and a bit of sunburn not bad for winter and cost nothing.

Northlakes is growing fast and more roads are going in to ease the congestion leaving the estate, which is about a 10 min drive top to bottom.

The area has well run sports clubs, great walking and cycle tracks a dog off leash area and an ever growing shopping cente. And with a massive bussiness park being built jobs should be easier to come by.

Hope this helps Dale

Guest Susan_H

Hi There ,

Thanks for all that info, it has just confirmed to me that North Lakes is where we want to be! It is a great place for kids, I totally agree and we got the impression there was lots to do.

We are building on the outlook, and just received the contract through. I am quite scared about this now as I'm not quite sure what we have gotten ourselves into! Do you know anyone who has built their own home who may have some advice for us?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Hi Susan, house sales in the area have slowed down, and not moving as quick as 3 - 6 months ago especially the 500k plus ones, interest rates not coming down and migrants getting less for the pound, people are not jumping into buying too quickly at the moment.

As for living on North Lakes, an average day today. My sons Soccer break up, a treasure hunt, a bbq. football with the kids a few beers and a bit of sunburn not bad for winter and cost nothing.

Northlakes is growing fast and more roads are going in to ease the congestion leaving the estate, which is about a 10 min drive top to bottom.

The area has well run sports clubs, great walking and cycle tracks a dog off leash area and an ever growing shopping cente. And with a massive bussiness park being built jobs should be easier to come by.

Hope this helps Dale

Guest Susan_H

Hi Lizzie!

Good luck to you too! We may see you around, our children will be enrolled into the State School in November, so might see you on the school run!

I think North Lakes is definately the place to be, there is so much growth, plus all the jobs that will be comming up in the area can only be good news. Also I've heard the school is one of the best, i'm very scared but very excited too.

Good luck with everything!

Been here 3 months the State college is great step son has been going there for 4 years . depending where you are working and if you are catching public transport as the Bus service is not like home espically in the mornings after 7.15am But im loving it here i work south of the CBD and it takes me 2 hrs by Public transport. Other half lived here for 4 years and she calls this home Still not meet any poms must be because people think im cranky lol

Just a little comment having worked on construction in North Lakes for a couple of years. Start putting together a fund to pay for maintainence later on. Nearly all the house especially 2 story built by main stream builders have a lot to maintain, eg rendered painted walls, gables that you will need a cherry picker or scaffold to reach! Also on this estate the land sizes are very small or else the house are too big, I know one family I spoke to recently who left because she could hear the neighbours too clear when having a tiff. Looking at the local paper there seem to be plenty to rent about $400 plus per week. It will be a lot better maybe when they put more exit roads in, at the moment if you want to leave at morning scholl time you can take a fair while.

Don,t be put off by my comments, they are my personal viewpoint. Take a look at some photos on realestate.com.au and you will see what I mean

Archived