Previous PR (Subclass 189) now expired - Returning to Australia

Hi. This forum looks very helpful and thank you to all who contribute. Hoping I can get some advice on my situation as well. I had a Subclass 189 PR granted in 2014. I moved to the UK soon after, with the plan that I would return before it expires (didn't apply for an RRV then, or any time after).

Now, I've travelled to Australia once since then (2017) as I have family there, but this time, it was a Subclass 444, as I'm also a New Zealand citizen.

I'm now looking at moving back to Australia permanently in early 2025. Wanted to know what would be the most efficient method of getting my and my family's PR re-instated. Should I apply for an RRV, or start the PR application process again? Thanks.

As Paul said, it's always worth trying to get a RRV first, even if it seems unlikely.  We've been surprised at how many people manage to get one despite not qualifying.  Best to get a MARA registered agent to help you  put a case together.

• Thanks 1