Working visa 50+

3 hours ago, rammygirl said:

The temporary sponsored visa 485 I think can go beyond 45 but wouldn’t convert to PR. 

482 I think you mean … yes, no age limit on the temporary visa and there are some very limited circumstances where there are post-45 PR pathways, but you need to go looking and have the right profile. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Sarah p said:

Thanks what options are there? 

The most sensible way to find out is to book a consultation with Paul Hand (above) who is a qualified migration agent. 

The employer-sponsored visa is a 482 visa and there is no age limit.  It's the new version of the 457, basically. It lets you work on a 2 to 4 year contract for an employer, with the possibility of renewal for another 2-4 years.   

I notice on another thread you were asking about parent visas. The wait for parent visas is extremely long, so the 482 would offer you the possibility of filling the gap. There is also the possibility of a bridging visa if you then apply for a parent visa.   It's important to get the strategy right, so I would strongly advise you to consult a good migration agent (like Paul Hand, who posted above), to work out the best combo of visas to achieve your goals.