Looking for good Removal Company Australia to UK

Juditta

My Aussie partner and I are returning to the UK after being in Australia for 4 years.   We are in Queensland, house is soon going up for sale, and now looking for a good, reliable international removal company, who will also help pack our stuff.    The company we used when we came out here was no good, so if anyone could recommend one to us, that would be much appreciated.   Thanks  🙂  

I've only ever done a big move (one requiring a container) from the UK to Australia. We used PSS International and we thought they were pretty good. On the one occasion I returned to the UK I didn't have much stuff, so I sent over some packing boxes with Seven Seas, which was fine too.

If I ever found myself in a position where I was moving back to the UK from Australia, I'd probably sell of all the furniture and just do a Seven Seas MoveCube. The amount you're going to save not needing a container plus the money from selling stuff over here will go a long way towards replacing those items (new) in the UK.

Edited by InnerVoice
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Juditta said:

My Aussie partner and I are returning to the UK after being in Australia for 4 years.   We are in Queensland, house is soon going up for sale, and now looking for a good, reliable international removal company, who will also help pack our stuff.    The company we used when we came out here was no good, so if anyone could recommend one to us, that would be much appreciated.   Thanks  🙂  

I moved from Brisbane to the the UK a year ago and used Chess. They were excellent, no complaints at all. Efficient, polite, good communications, lovely helpful people who came to do the actual packing up. Thoroughly recommend them. They used Britannia in the UK to do the delivery, and they were equally good. 

I did most pf the actual packing into boxes myself, but they wrapped furniture items for me and everything was fine, all unwrapped this end and no damage to anything. 

I had shipping nightmares on the way out, so was well prepared for trouble, but I was very pleasantly surprised!

• Like 2

We used Britannia/chess app years ago and all was ok. They did damage a tv but we were insured with Letton Percival and got paid out promptly. Just be aware that many of these are franchised so they can vary a lot. As can shipping, ask about this as routes have been disrupted because of Red Sea unrest. Can be worth paying a bit extra for different route/ship if you want quicker delivery. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Nemesis said:

I moved from Brisbane to the the UK a year ago and used Chess. They were excellent, no complaints at all. Efficient, polite, good communications, lovely helpful people who came to do the actual packing up. Thoroughly recommend them. They used Britannia in the UK to do the delivery, and they were equally good. 

I did most pf the actual packing into boxes myself, but they wrapped furniture items for me and everything was fine, all unwrapped this end and no damage to anything. 

I had shipping nightmares on the way out, so was well prepared for trouble, but I was very pleasantly surprised!

Thank you very much for your reply,  it really is a stressful event, moving back to the UK, and with two cats!     But you have really helped us to make up our minds, as we were thinking about using Chess, and its so useful to have the connection to Britannia  in the UK (which we didn't know about)   so thanks very much for the information.

20 hours ago, rammygirl said:

We used Britannia/chess app years ago and all was ok. They did damage a tv but we were insured with Letton Percival and got paid out promptly. Just be aware that many of these are franchised so they can vary a lot. As can shipping, ask about this as routes have been disrupted because of Red Sea unrest. Can be worth paying a bit extra for different route/ship if you want quicker delivery. 

Thanks very much for this information, which is very useful as it had not occurred to us to check out which route is used......  so we definitely will be avoiding the Red Sea route, which could be trouble...... and don't mind paying extra to get our belongings to the UK safe and sound!    Also, thanks to advice on here, we will definitely be using Chess and Britannia.

1 hour ago, Juditta said:

Thank you very much for your reply,  it really is a stressful event, moving back to the UK, and with two cats!     But you have really helped us to make up our minds, as we were thinking about using Chess, and its so useful to have the connection to Britannia  in the UK (which we didn't know about)   so thanks very much for the information.

No problem, hope your move goes as smoothly as mine did! All mu communication with Chess was by email and I did get the feeling that no question was too stupid! They were always helpful.