EOI for Civil Draftsperson

hadrich

Hi All, need a bit of help. I have applied for EOI for civil draftsperson 312211 for subclass 491. My points are 70. Does anyone have an idea how long it takes nowadays for the invitation or how soon/ how often rounds are being opened? And at what points invitation is being granted?
EOI I have applied for is state-nominated (not family-sponsored) and I have applied for NSW, WA, SA, Vic.
Appreciate feedback and thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Sorry to jump on your thread. We were advised by our agent to apply to more states? So we have done just that after initially just applying to WA. I’m so confused now? Is there anywhere online I can see the info it says to not apply for EOI on other states. 

Thanks 

36 minutes ago, Perthpops said:

We were advised by our agent to apply to more states? So we have done just that after initially just applying to WA. I’m so confused now? Is there anywhere online I can see the info it says to not apply for EOI on other states. 

It's not a rule, it's just something that experienced migration agents (like WRussell, who posted above) have observed.     The whole idea of state sponsorship is that they want people who will settle in that state for the long term.  They don't want to spend time and effort on people who won't stay.  As you know, there's a moral obligation to stay in your nominated state, but it's only a moral obligation, and far too many people are skipping off to another state immediately.  Naturally enough, the states are p***ed off about that.

Therefore, if there's a choice of applicants, they're always going to pick the applicant who's nominated just their state, because that shows a commitment to living there.  So I guess it really depends how much competition you think you're up against.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

It is more than a moral obligation. If the minister forms the belief that an applicant had no intention of working in the nominating state or territory action (visa cancellation) can and has been taken.

• Like 1