Emirates meet and greet/transfer assistance

MacGyver

Hi,

We are travellign to Scotland for Christmas, 2 adults and one toddler. We have 2 hours between landing and take off (if all goes to schedule). We;ve done this trip a thousand times and no issues finding our way to the next flight, but we've never done it with a toddler before and wondering if the meet and greet service is worth it?

It seems to offer collection on arrival, implies priority transfer through security etc (is it priority?) and taken straight to the departure gate. Has anyone used this service to transfer between flights and if so, was it worth it? The only reason we're considering it is to avoid herding a wild kid with pent up energy through Dubai airport and instead getting whisked to the next gate where we can let her run wild, knowing we are at the gate and waiting to board on time.

Thanks

11 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Hi,

We are travellign to Scotland for Christmas, 2 adults and one toddler. We have 2 hours between landing and take off (if all goes to schedule). We;ve done this trip a thousand times and no issues finding our way to the next flight, but we've never done it with a toddler before and wondering if the meet and greet service is worth it?

It seems to offer collection on arrival, implies priority transfer through security etc (is it priority?) and taken straight to the departure gate. Has anyone used this service to transfer between flights and if so, was it worth it? The only reason we're considering it is to avoid herding a wild kid with pent up energy through Dubai airport and instead getting whisked to the next gate where we can let her run wild, knowing we are at the gate and waiting to board on time.

Thanks

It might be worth it especially if you aren't familiar with Dubai airport. Its huge, and 2 hours isn't that long with a little one in tow, by the time you've managed to get off a full flight. I've no idea how much the service costs, but I know the last couple of times I transitted Dubai I used wheelchair assistance. Thats free, but I would have be pleased to pay for it because it can be a very long walk. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nemesis said:

It might be worth it especially if you aren't familiar with Dubai airport. Its huge, and 2 hours isn't that long with a little one in tow, by the time you've managed to get off a full flight. I've no idea how much the service costs, but I know the last couple of times I transitted Dubai I used wheelchair assistance. Thats free, but I would have be pleased to pay for it because it can be a very long walk. 

We've been through Dubai quite a few times and have no issues finding our way to the gate. But as you say, with a little one this time its not a lot of time to get off, get through security again and get to the next gate. For the service to the gate it was about $300 AUD for 2 adults and 1 infant. If it make sit easier it will be money well spent, just wondered if the service you get is actually worth it though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

We've been through Dubai quite a few times and have no issues finding our way to the gate. But as you say, with a little one this time its not a lot of time to get off, get through security again and get to the next gate. For the service to the gate it was about $300 AUD for 2 adults and 1 infant. If it make sit easier it will be money well spent, just wondered if the service you get is actually worth it though. 

Mmm with that price tag it'd be a bit of a gamble not knowing if it would actually help in the long run. 

Hopefully someone who has tried it will see the post 🙂

• Like 1

I find when you travel with a young child you always get moved to the front of the queue when waiting so often arrive early to the gate. Only issue is, can you carry the child whilst walking if they won't or will there be pushchairs available to use. When I was at Singapore airport last year they had pushchairs to use for children within the terminal. 

• Like 1