Rrv

nathan5558@outlook.com

Hello im currently in the process of applying for my resident return as I’ve been out of Australia for more then 5 years I was a permanent resident and my close family still live there my father mother and brothers and sisters would that be a compelling reason to return as well as an offer of employment im also wanting to take my wife and my daughter over to with me would it be better to apply for a spouse visa for my wife and child todo that when im in Australia. Thanks in advance 

If you have been away for more than 5 years you will need to show ‘substantial personal, business, employment or cultural ties to Australia, which are of benefit to Australia’ as well as ‘compelling reasons’ for your absence. An offer of employment is a good place to start with substantial ties … you haven’t mentioned a reason for absence. 
Once you get an RRV you will need to apply for a partner visa for your wife and child.  Whether you do this onshore or offshore will depend on your circumstances and requirements. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

An RRV can be quite tricky if you are not living in Australia, and our resident experts usually recommend using an agent such as Paul to make your case in the best possible way.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Caring for sick family members is probably unlikely to be enough on its own. 

13 hours ago, nathan5558@outlook.com said:

Yeah also Covid restricted me from returning within my rrv time to return but with my parents and other family members living within in Australia and a offer of employment when I arrive surely that would be a good enough reason to return to Australia ? 

The problem with the covid line is you have had 18 months since restrictions were lifted and are only applying now, so you need to make your case well.  Again the recommendation for tricky applications is to take professional advice.  Getting it wrong could put you back to starting all over again with whatever visa you got to get PR in the first place.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nathan5558@outlook.com said:

Yeah also Covid restricted me from returning within my rrv time to return but with my parents and other family members living within in Australia and a offer of employment when I arrive surely that would be a good enough reason to return to Australia ? 

Covid didn't restrict thousands of people returning to Australia during the pandemic. Our borders were never closed to citizens, and to those with PR like yourself. Caring for a sick family member although very admirable isn't going to help your cause, and if anything demonstrates stronger ties to the UK not Australia.

There's also a big difference between a job offer and 'an offer of employment when I arrive'. The latter sounds like something concocted to get the RRV. They are going to expect to see a contract of employment, or at the very least a letter from the employer offering you a position.

To echo everyone else's advice get an RMA on board or you might blow your one chance of getting back here, and $465 to boot.

• Like 1