SCHOOL FEES 491 VISA HELP PLEASE

MarkLdownunder

3 hours ago, Capt SAK said:

Dear Mark ,

I am in the same boat as you are , having 3 school going kids and I have checked with the GETI (Government Education and Training International Department for Education, Children and Young People) on call as well as on email and they have confirmed that you are liable to pay fee as per below : ( This is true for Tasmania ) not sure which state u r looking into !

• Tuition fees for most visas are AU $3,800 for Kindergarten enrolment and AU $7,600 per year for Prep to Year 12;

and as per the website its 50% for 491 visa holders .

hope it helps !

best Regards 

Capt SAK

IMG_7457.jpeg

Wow, never picked Tassie to be the odd man out. NSW which is usually the most avaricious, isn't charging them. Interesting, too that they aren't charging 482 visa holders whereas the other states which generally charge, like  NSW are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkLdownunder said:

Yeah that sucks! i spoke to WA education department, it appears different in different states! in WA there is no cost 

You'll soon realise that a bafflingly large number of things vary from State to State, so whatever you are researching make sure those rules apply to your own State or Territory.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

You'll soon realise that a bafflingly large number of things vary from State to State, so whatever you are researching make sure those rules apply to your own State or Territory.

Especially true when one state does something that none of the others do!!! Very confusing.