Big move X2 😬😬

Huntersmummy

37 minutes ago, Huntersmummy said:

Well thanks to everyone who commented and we took advice and went round visiting some lovely places. It wasn’t all that bad. 
But can I reiterate, ANYTHING I put in here it solely my opinion based on my situation. I don’t go out to offend folks as a few are very patriotic about OZ and the private messages telling me I’m wrong, I should go home if I don’t like it blah blah blah…

NO ONE has any right to be offended just because Australia doesn't suit you.  I'm sorry some morons have sent you messages like that. 

As Toots says, you know where we are if you need to vent.

• Like 8

A shame that the OP has pulled the rug on further comments. We truely need posts that reflect the reality, regardless of the swell of gas lighters and others that eventuate out of the wood work. I got a shot across the bows for simply pointing out Mandurah was and quite possibly still is the meth capital of Western Australia. Not my opinion. Stated fact. But these days there would be considerable competition. 

Obviously all this contributes towards declining livability , with rentals hard to come by, crime far worse than may look on the surface.

A lack lusture state and federal government, unwilling to tackle the real issues. The sweeping under the carpet of less than desirable activities. The over loading the country with turbo immigration. A rather self absorbed population,  consumed by greed in many instances , with little care about the future.  I speak on WA , obviously and leave others to critique elsewhere. 

My view is if do not change, and preferably sooner than later, we will arrive in a place we deserve to be. Longer term, as I noted elsewhere, UK, though far from perfect, will more likely be a better option. Australia in big danger of slipping down the scale with a low dollar  value,  as China declines, growing inequalities, corruption and crime.  The attempt to disguise problems with massive population growth bound to end in failure. Hope not to a positive note for the dissenters, or indeed too negative one for the lovers . 

7 hours ago, Huntersmummy said:

Hey!

Congrats firstly for your marriage! 😁

So to cut a long story short, during my previous light hearted posts…I’ve struggled a bit since moving here. Living in Darwin for years then Perth seemed tempting. Perth FOR ME, wasn’t greener. Plus having to stay here due to the husband not wanting to go back….good ole hauge convention law which prevents me from taking the kids back without a lengthy court battle. So yeah that’s why I’m still here, being a indecisive fart in the wind of making the best out of a situation. ✌🏻 

So sorry to hear that! The Hague Convention was supposed to be a Good Thing but for women (usually) who want to escape from Australia, it's a bloody millstone and I'm sorry you are trapped by it. There is an organisation called Global Ark which aims to support parents who are trapped because of the Hague Convention. 

You certainly present as a strong woman so more strength to you and I hope you can find a way to see the silver lining in the bloody great clouds! 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Marisawright said:

NO ONE has any right to be offended just because Australia doesn't suit you.  I'm sorry some morons have sent you messages like that. 

As Toots says, you know where we are if you need to vent.

Anyone sending private messages like that should be banned imho.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Quoll said:

Anyone sending private messages like that should be banned imho.

It is in the rules and we have banned before over it, but, we can only deal with them if we are made aware of them, we cannot access your PMs.

Rule No 17 - Abuse of the Private Message system will not be tolerated under any circumstances. This includes sending unsolicited commercial mail via the PM system and sending abusive messages via the PM system. It is also strictly forbidden to reproduce/publicise contents of Private Messages on the open forum without the explicit permission of the sender.

Cal x

• Like 7

On 10/08/2023 at 00:47, Huntersmummy said:

Hey!

Congrats firstly for your marriage! 😁

So to cut a long story short, during my previous light hearted posts…I’ve struggled a bit since moving here. Living in Darwin for years then Perth seemed tempting. Perth FOR ME, wasn’t greener. Plus having to stay here due to the husband not wanting to go back….good ole hauge convention law which prevents me from taking the kids back without a lengthy court battle. So yeah that’s why I’m still here, being a indecisive fart in the wind of making the best out of a situation. ✌🏻 

Ah bless you, thank you! We were supposed to go to Oz in 2020, but...the rest is history! I''m so sorry to hear about your husband not wanting to go back and the impact that must have on you. I also see you've been receiving some PMs about your post which is totally uncalled for. I look at this forum out of interest and it's good to hear different opinions. Whatever the future may hold, I wish you all the best and really appreciate you taking the time to reply to me 🙂 xx

• Like 1