Skills assessment ANMAC

StevenP

Good evening, 

we are just away to start the process of applying for a 189 visa. Can anyone assist in what is required for the skills assessment? I noticed the website has 3 different assessment versions.

I am guessing it’s the full assessment as per the link below? It seems pretty straight forward am I missing something? I wasn’t to make sure this is right before applying for the EOI. 

https://anmac.org.au/sites/default/files/sms_combined_document_checklist_april_2022.pdf

any help would be amazing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/01/2023 at 23:13, DukeNinja said:

Just a head's up: the language requirements for the visa and ANMAC may be different. Might help you in your points.

Yep, you need to do an English test and if it's IELTS it needs to be the academic version not general. You'll need minimum of 7s or equivilant so will gain at least 10 points for having "proficient" English. 

I just got my positive skills assessment back from ANMAC today and did it myself as the "full" version since I don't have registration with AHPRA. I'm surprised it was so quick, from what I had read it's generally around 12 weeks or longer to process. I submitted my application on the 19th December just before they closed for 3 weeks. So really that's only around 2 weeks it took for them to approve. I didn't upload everything all at once as well since I was still waiting for my transcript and thought I had plenty of time. You should just wait to have your letter of determination/positive skills assessment before submitting your EOI though. They won't invite you without it so not much point and if they did the application would be invalid since you didn't have it at the time you were invited. 

• Congratulations 1

Perfect thanks for the information. My wife is just waiting for her reference from a doctor then we are good to apply. The English test is done but and passed with high marks but with Pearson due to it being our nearest test centre.

I wonder how long the EOI will take and how long visa award will take if accepted. 

12 minutes ago, Ausvisamigration said:

Hi, if you want a referral to an experienced immigration lawyer who may be able to assist with the process I can send you their details.

Looks like you're in the immigration field yourself, given your username?  Please be honest if you are, and follow the guidelines required by the site.