2 Dogs from UK to Perth

StevenP

Hey all, I wonder if anyone could give me an idea of cost all in to move our dogs over to Perth from Scotland? They are two Shih tzu’s! I have done some research into reviews but struggling to get an overall cost so just looking at who has done this. 

it would also be great to get a timeline on the process if possible.

thank you in advance for any support 🙏

1 hour ago, StevenP said:

Hey all, I wonder if anyone could give me an idea of cost all in to move our dogs over to Perth from Scotland? They are two Shih tzu’s! I have done some research into reviews but struggling to get an overall cost so just looking at who has done this. 

it would also be great to get a timeline on the process if possible.

Have you contacted companies like JetPets and Dogtainers?  They will give you a quote

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

Have you contacted companies like JetPets and Dogtainers?  They will give you a quote

Hi Marisa, not yet we are just away to start the visa process so it is on the list to do. I was just really looking for a rough idea of other experiences as a starting point. This is a valid point though. 

32 minutes ago, StevenP said:

Hi Marisa, not yet we are just away to start the visa process so it is on the list to do. I was just really looking for a rough idea of other experiences as a starting point. This is a valid point though. 

Just because you ask for a quote doesn't mean you have to book anything, so it really is the best way to get an idea.  Bottom line is that flying dogs costs a lot more than flying humans!

P.S. I misread your post for some weird reason (I read "to Perth" as "from Perth").  I should have said there's a whole thread here where @BobPetairUK offers advice.   PetAir is the only animal transport company that's owned and run by vets so definitely worth considering them.  

https://www.pomsinoz.com/topic/85540-petair-uk-pet-travel-service/?page=2

Currently going through the process of taking one dog from England to Perth. Will cost about £6000 in total, but our dog is a much larger breed. 

Word of warning, quarantine in Melbourne is currently booked up until May 2023, and the rabies vaccines/bloods need to be done at least six months before dogs can travel, so plan ahead!

We're using Ladyhaye who have been brilliant so far.