should I submit multiple EOI for different states?

Haamed

So I have a good chance of getting an invitation for 190 or 189 visa, (Structural Engineer, 85 points and still waiting for my wife's assessment for an additional 5 points). Beside 189 I've already submitted two 190 EOI for Victoria and Queensland and one 491 for Canberra as my lawyer suggested. Now I'm getting some comments from another agent that says It's not recommended to submit multiple EOIs as it will be considered not having a commitment to one state and I may not get an invitation from either one. 

I'm really confused right now, because I can't find any valid information about this on any of the official websites and my agent says this is not true.

My priorities are NSW, Victoria, and Queensland respectively and NSW is not open yet.

Yes, my lawyer is MARA registered and he says submitting individual EOIs for each state for 190 visa is okay. therefore, I have one EOI for 189, two separate EOIs for 190 and one separate EOI for 491. I'm really confused because nobody seems to know for sure.

2 hours ago, Haamed said:

Yes, my lawyer is MARA registered and he says submitting individual EOIs for each state for 190 visa is okay. therefore, I have one EOI for 189, two separate EOIs for 190 and one separate EOI for 491. I'm really confused because nobody seems to know for sure.

I've been on these forums a long time and I've always seen people say that submitting to more than one state is a very bad idea, for the reason VeryStormy states. I don't think it is officially written down anywhere, though.

8 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I've been on these forums a long time and I've always seen people say that submitting to more than one state is a very bad idea, for the reason VeryStormy states. I don't think it is officially written down anywhere, though.

Thank you for your response. I really don't know, I mean isn't this system suppose to be equal and transparent? why does no official admit it then? what's wrong with being interested in two states? why can't they just put an obligation for applicants to stay in the state they are nominated by instead? 

anyway, since my first priority is NSW I'm going to wait for them to open up and then reassess the whole thing. Is there anywhere where I can find information about the latest invitation points for each state? so that I can compare them with my points and find out if I'm being ignored?

Don't worry about it apply for as many as you like, I applied to all states when I lodged my EOI for a 491 and 190. I still got an invite so thats first hand proof that this process is not a very bad idea but in fact a good one as it opens up your chances of invitation.

• Like 1

On 31/08/2022 at 13:35, Haamed said:

So I have a good chance of getting an invitation for 190 or 189 visa, (Structural Engineer, 85 points and still waiting for my wife's assessment for an additional 5 points). Beside 189 I've already submitted two 190 EOI for Victoria and Queensland and one 491 for Canberra as my lawyer suggested. Now I'm getting some comments from another agent that says It's not recommended to submit multiple EOIs as it will be considered not having a commitment to one state and I may not get an invitation from either one. 

I'm really confused right now, because I can't find any valid information about this on any of the official websites and my agent says this is not true.

My priorities are NSW, Victoria, and Queensland respectively and NSW is not open yet.

Some States will not nominate you if you choose more than one State or even subclass in your EOI. 

On 31/08/2022 at 15:36, Haamed said:

Yes, my lawyer is MARA registered 

This is not possible as Lawyers cannot be registered with MARA. 

• Like 2

On 31/08/2022 at 23:36, Forry84 said:

Don't worry about it apply for as many as you like, I applied to all states when I lodged my EOI for a 491 and 190. I still got an invite so thats first hand proof that this process is not a very bad idea but in fact a good one as it opens up your chances of invitation.

could you share Which state did you get your invitation from? and for what type of visa?