Parent report is in!

LindaH27

Just did a very quick read through so could have missed some  things 

It still says processing time for contributory  parent visas is 58 months ????

So basically it recommends setting up a new IT system so people can see where the true visa process  is at, and to try to clear the backlog. Not much else. 

The  Greens gave further recommendations ( not the report recommendation) the ones that stood out for me were

Get rid of balance of family test (will add more parents to the queue?)

Get rid of contributory visas and all non contributory to be dealt with in order of application.

That one confuses me somewhat! If contributory no longer need to pay and are all merged into one queue which is dealt  with in order of application,  then all the 103 and 804 applications dating from 2012 onwards currently waiting will be  dealt  with before they reach the outstanding contributory ones which currently start from July 2016???

@Alan Collett am I reading this wrong - it was a very quick read through ! 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Sad 2

I don't think its gonna have any impact soon tbh.

The new budget bring skill stream back to 70%. This government just don't care about family visa whatsoever. 😔

The Government will maintain the 2022-23 permanent Migration Program planning level at 160,000. Skill stream places will increase from the 2021-22 planning levels to 109,900, and account for around 70 per cent of the permanent Migration Program.

13 hours ago, KyleL said:

I don't think its gonna have any impact soon tbh.

The new budget bring skill stream back to 70%. This government just don't care about family visa whatsoever. 😔

The Government will maintain the 2022-23 permanent Migration Program planning level at 160,000. Skill stream places will increase from the 2021-22 planning levels to 109,900, and account for around 70 per cent of the permanent Migration Program.

Also ...

The Partner and Child visa categories are estimated to deliver 40,500 and 3,000 visas respectively (delivery of Partner and Child visas will be subject to demand and visa processing requirements); while 6,000 places will be available for Parent visas; and 500 places for Other Family visas.

https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/AlexHawke/Pages/2022-23-budget-release.aspx

No indication here that the present Federal Government is making any serious efforts to deal with the parent visa backlog, which will surely get a lot worse.

Best regards.

16 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

The  Greens gave further recommendations ( not the report recommendation) the ones that stood out for me were

Get rid of balance of family test (will add more parents to the queue?)

Get rid of contributory visas and all non contributory to be dealt with in order of application.

That one confuses me somewhat!

The Greens can afford to make generous recommendations as they are never likely to form a government.  I'd say they are taking an extreme position so that, if they find themselves holding the balance of power in future, they'll have some ground to give in negotiations.