820 to 801

JackR90

Hi there, 

On April 30th it will be 2 years to the day we applied for the 820 (granted January 2022). 

Do I have to create a new application to the 801 or does it show up automatically on my immi account? Also I'm sure I read somewhere it shows up 1 month before the 2 year mark, is this true?

Also any idea on waiting time for 801? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jack 

Edited by JackR90

• 1 month later...
On 11/03/2022 at 10:46, wrussell said:

You have to lodge a new application.

The day before yesterday an applicant who waited 5 years to lodge stage 2 paperwork (not recommended) was granted PR next day.

What does that mean? Waited 5 years to lodge stage 2 paper work? Did they apply then wait 5 years, or did they only apply for their second stage after 5 years with all documents.

Was it only one document they had to send? The fact they were granted PR the next day is fascinating.

On 29/04/2022 at 08:05, wrussell said:
They waited for 5 years after their eligibility date to lodge their second stage  documents. In the good old days an applicant could front up with a paper application and have it dealt with in 30 minutes or so.

Unbelievable. Well we had our 309 visa granted in 7 months, so hopefully the 100 gets done quicker.

43 minutes ago, psuwara said:

Unbelievable. Well we had our 309 visa granted in 7 months, so hopefully the 100 gets done quicker.

Its true. Back in the good old days when I got my first visa, a 309 was often issued in London in 30 minutes. I walked in with a pile of papers, and my passport, handed them to a lovely lady, she said to go and have a cup of coffee and come back in half an hour. When I returned, 35 minutes later, she was waiting for me with my passport, and the granted visa inside it. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Its true. Back in the good old days when I got my first visa, a 309 was often issued in London in 30 minutes. I walked in with a pile of papers, and my passport, handed them to a lovely lady, she said to go and have a cup of coffee and come back in half an hour. When I returned, 35 minutes later, she was waiting for me with my passport, and the granted visa inside it. 

In the 80s our parents had their flight from Poland paid for by Australia 👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...