Healthcare Professionals: how are you getting on with your applications?

Cobs_Ahoy

I hope you’re right @BoldyC I sent them registered post last tues, they were signed for the next day, but so far the HMPO tracker hasn’t even updated to show they’ve been received. 

Yes, two children aged 6 and 2, how old are yours? We are telling ours about the move on Friday (well, hopefully, our 6yo came home with a vomiting bug yesterday, so might wait until she’s stopped puking before I drop it on her!). Are your children aware if the plans?

I’m a mental health nurse, currently in the community but looks like I’ll be on the wards initially when I land. I haven’t been on the wards for 8 years so that will be a shock!

Oh that's strange. Did you not get an email to say they had arrived with the passport office, then another one to update you? I'm pretty sure you will get them soon if you have paid extra! My friend actually work for the passport office so I will see if she knows anything more for you.

Ours are 10, 8 and 5. We told them when they finished for summer last year as we had also just told my parents. I felt better for telling them, even though their little faces were so worried. They had so many questions, and said they didn't want to go. Its given us time to talk about things with them and prepare them for it. I'm sure yours will be fine, its good they are younger as I'm sure they will adapt quickly.

I'm also in the community at the moment, and have been for 3 years. I am going back to my last ward which is scbu, to get up to speed again clinically as I also think it will be ward work for me too in aus!

10 hours ago, BoldyC said:

Oh that's strange. Did you not get an email to say they had arrived with the passport office, then another one to update you? I'm pretty sure you will get them soon if you have paid extra! My friend actually work for the passport office so I will see if she knows anything more for you.

Ours are 10, 8 and 5. We told them when they finished for summer last year as we had also just told my parents. I felt better for telling them, even though their little faces were so worried. They had so many questions, and said they didn't want to go. Its given us time to talk about things with them and prepare them for it. I'm sure yours will be fine, its good they are younger as I'm sure they will adapt quickly.

I'm also in the community at the moment, and have been for 3 years. I am going back to my last ward which is scbu, to get up to speed again clinically as I also think it will be ward work for me too in aus!

We didn’t pay for the fast-track service unfortunately, wish I had now though! Yes if your friend is able to shed any light on things I would be very grateful to you both, I rang them the other day and they just told me to call back two weeks before the deadline for my visa application 😱😱😱😱 

That’s a good idea to go back on the wards here, less of a shock when you get there. 

Ours have come back now, thankfully. I can't believe how quick they arrived to be honest, and that was without fast track. Have yours now arrived? 

My friend didn't have much info, she did say once you get an email to say they are printed. They should be with you within a week. I hope they arrive soon 🙏 

Oh that's an invite worth celebrating @Areyousure where are you headed and when are you aiming to get out there?

I was under the impression that you could lodge your application before your police checks came through and just add them later? Although I might be wrong on that (I hope I'm not though as I haven't even started that!)

@BoldyC we finally got an update on the tracker that our old passports and other documents had been received (a mere 14 days after Royal Mail had confirmed they had been signed for!). Unfortunately my daughter's photo got rejected as she was smiling, I thought it was ok for kids to smile but apparently that's only if they are under 6, and unfortunately my daughter is 6. Just resubmitted another photo so fingers crossed things move a bit faster now. I have also received an email from immigration saying they are asking the '491 department' to get back to me about what to do if my passports don't make it back in time. The nail biting looks set to continue for a few weeks yet for me!