Shipping reccomendations for Aus to UK

daveysing

Hi

Can anyone help with where I should look first for shipping companies for Melbourne to UK please to help save time and avoid using ones that are not recommended?

I think PSS is only UK to Aus. 

I Would only be sending over stuff like kids toys and clothes and the odd thing in with it so wed probably be using a move cube I have seen people mention on here.

Thanks in advance. 

David

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveysing said:

Hi

Can anyone help with where I should look first for shipping companies for Melbourne to UK

If you want to use a Movecube, then there's only one company that offers it.  

https://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/moving/movecube/

There are several companies within Australia that offer a similar product, but they are all for local and interstate moves only.  

If you don't want to use a Movecube, you'll have to settle for sharing a container with someone else.

39 minutes ago, Amber Snowball said:

I’ll second this. They were very good.

I am thinking of using them for UK to Australia this year.  What was the time frame from them collecting until receiving it again in Australia ? Will have to do the  send it early ( and do without certain things in the UK) and then do without certain things in Australia while we wait for it to arrive. Did you have much extra charge to pay to clear customs, get delivered etc ? Thanks

3 hours ago, talktosi said:

I am thinking of using them for UK to Australia this year.  What was the time frame from them collecting until receiving it again in Australia ? Will have to do the  send it early ( and do without certain things in the UK) and then do without certain things in Australia while we wait for it to arrive. Did you have much extra charge to pay to clear customs, get delivered etc ? Thanks

I used them aus to uk, sorry. I think it took about 9 weeks from collection to delivery and the driver helped me at both ends with loading and unloading. Yes a pared down existence at each end! 
From memory they told me on my quote what the customs charge would be as a minimum depending upon whether customs decided they needed to do more checks etc.

You can track your cube whilst it sails across and I contacted them about some query or another and they were very responsive.

Mark a space out on your floor for the size of cube you are using and then stack your boxes into it so you know what will fit  and if you’ll have some extra space. Best piece of advice I had.

Good luck and happy travels! 😀

edit: delivery to address is included in the price/quote unless you suddenly want it to go somewhere different or very rural or something.

Edited by Amber Snowball
Add

4 hours ago, talktosi said:

For us it was 12 December to 1 April but we needed to wait until there was an empty truck from Melbourne to Canberra and covid hit, right in the middle so there were all sorts of changes. From memory we had to pay in dollars for the Aussie end what we paid in pounds for the U.K. end but we needed the long delivery trip which would be less if you’re in a state capital. 

Like Amber, we measured out the space in the dining room and stacked it as a practice. We were lucky that we didn’t have to rely on emergency supplies at either end but we did (as most everyone does) realise that we sent a hell of a lot of stuff that it is quite easy to live without! 

6 hours ago, talktosi said:

The Movecube goes into a container, so it's the same as for any container.

One member had the brilliant idea of splitting their stuff over two smaller Movecubes.  They sent one on earlier and one later.   That's going to cost a bit more than one big Movecube, but gives you more flexibility in what  you have to live without where.   Not possible if you need to send big furniture items, though, as you'll need the bigger dimensions of the big cube.

They do give you a rough idea what the extra charge will be but when we got our quote, it was in the small print and we could easily have missed it, so read the quote carefully.

Edited by Marisawright